Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• How little contact with the written word do you have to have not to know how to spell "advice"?
    If the standard of proof were raised to a truly scientific level, about 95% of "audio journalists" would have to look for new jobs.
    Some people will convince themselves of anything if they want to badly enough.
    Yes, I think the coffee table/subwoofer idea is a really stupid one. You can quote me.
    Again, I don't know why ASIO recording is working for me now. I was killing myself trying to get it to work before. Win 10? No idea.
    Given enough practice, I think you could learn to align your phono cartridge by eyeballing it. You think radio station jocks used gauges?
    People graduate from headphones to speakers, then treat the room to make it sound exactly like a set of headphones. What is the point?
    The best way to "treat" for bass frequencies is to get a bigger room. If you can't do that, settle for smaller speakers or use headphones.
    This little gremlin wanders between 560Hz and 490Hz, approximately. I have no idea what's causing it, except that it isn't a USB thing.
    What in heck produces a 540Hz electrical noise signature? It ain't USB. USB produces a 1kHz signature, plus harmonics. @ 1kHz multiples.
    I finally got ASIO recording mode to work. Maybe it's a Windows 10 thing. Suddenly, I'm having good luck.
    I notice that a lot of "audiophiles", especially newly minted ones, spend an awful lot of time operating on the theoretical level.
    As you gain experience you often discover that things that matter on a theoretical level don't matter on a practical level.
    My JBL Nanopatch passive attenuator has worked great in a bunch of different applications. I've never had impedance issues with it.
    SURE used Radio Crap stuff is cheap! There's a reason. People with brains didn't want it even when it was new.
    I never once saw a piece of audio gear sold by Radio Shack recommended in any credible audio mag. Not one time. Why are ppl buying RS crap?
    Vinyl newbs are rediscovering the wheel. Another entry in the "Where Have You Been?" chronicle.
    Newbies certainly have silly expectations when it comes to vinyl records. I've rarely heard such naive "discoveries".
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom