Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• The people who romp with the unicorns in the Candy Cane Forest have magic turntables that defy physical laws.
    For mechanical performance, idler-wheel turntables represent the worst of the available turntable options.
    Acoustic recordings generally occupy a frequency envelope of 150Hz - 4kHz. Simple pass-filtering will get rid of most of the surface noise.
    It's really obvious after remastering early electric recordings that studio engineers didn't have access to monitors with low-end response.
    There isn't any one EQ curve that will make 78rpm records sound "right". Electrically recorded vs acoustically recorded adds complications.
    The problem with cartridge stabilizer brushes is that they can attract waxes and stearates from the vinyl and clot.
    I'll admit that I don't really trust LP Gear except for things where they publish honest-to-God specs. LP Gear has spec-o-phobia.
    If no one has bothered to test your claim in a lab, it's probably because engineers consider your claim prima facie nonsense.
    Man, I'm waaay behind on the latest video tech. This is really embarrassing. Ditched the CRT TV, and suddenly don't know what I'm doing.
    I'm just discovering the wonders of HDMI. I had no idea how out-of-date my home entertainment system was.
    People first gauge your intelligence by how well you use the language. Yes, using proper English matters.
    I think Michael Fremer would call himself an audiophile. That's enough for me not to call myself one.
    My goal is to retire all of my Stanton cartridges in the not-too-distant future. I prefer Audio Technica stuff for ripping/resto.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom