Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• It's too bad about integrated USB ADC's in some DD turntables. They aren't as resolved as most outboard ADC's, and can produce ground loops.
    Just about everything associated with Audio-Technica, JBL and Yamaha has been discussed ad nauseam Why not just look the sh*t up?
    Dr. Feickart really appeals to people's vanity. That's how he makes his money.
    The biggest problem with vinyl isn't your cartridge alignment. The biggest problem with vinyl is vinyl.
    Google is at their fingertips and people still won't look up answers to questions that have been asked a million times already.
    That the iPhone Generation would eventually lose patience with a clunky thing like a turntable isn't exactly a shock.
    Burned out on audio restoration. Now researching digital video (i.e., watching a lot of movies).
    "Don't take my word for it. Look it up." But I don't think people ever look it up.
    There isn't much to the topic of how to get a mono signal out of a turntable. I don't know why people keep discussing it.
    You're much, much better off tracking down primary sources on the internet than you are asking for opinions on a public audio forum
    The only thing special about monophonic cartridges is that, due to internal wiring, you can't convert them to stereo.
    Scientific tests generate results that are either reproducible or refutable.
    I prefer the test results from engineering labs to the opinions of livingroom daydreamers. Call me a fascist or something.
    I do get twisted pleasure from watching people who, I suspect, are determined to ignore perfectly sensible advice.
    I knew one guy who suspended his speakers from the ceiling (in fishing nets, lol) -- a kid in my college dorm. The results were predictable.
    Just when I think something is so painfully obvious it shouldn't require explanation, I am proved wrong.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom