Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Pro recording engineers use Windows to record and master multitrack recordings. If you can't see a connection between Windows and audio...
    Vinyl heads will convince themselves the vinyl market is still thriving even after the rest of the world have moved on.
    It's getting to the point where I can smell an argument coming. I'm outta there.
    Even the audio pros I know -- R&D guys, recording engineers -- use equalizers in their livingroom sound systems.
    I find myself asking myself whether my forum posts seem harmless enough not to make the moderator delete them.
    Your best friends in audio research: a ring binder, and links to the 'Audio' and 'The Wireless World' archives.
    Many of the so-called unsettled audio questions were answered conclusively by audio engineers a long time ago. Google is your friend.
    The reason for forum archives is to spare people the need to ask the same, dumb questions over and over again.
    It's sooooo easy to isolate external recorders from your computer. No USB gremlins to deal with then.
    "Audiophile" power cords are proof that you can't underestimate the intelligence of the buying public.
    There's a difference between merely discussing something and actually exchanging useful information.
    If people think their audio equipment defies physical law, you're supposed to let them think that for the sake of politeness.
    If you're unwilling to subject your discovery to peer review, it probably isn't much of a discovery. It might even be a dishonest claim.
    Problem is, the claims of "amazing discoveries" never make it beyond public forums or ads in audio magazines. There's a reason for that.
    If you think you've discovered something which contradicts known physical laws, publish the results in a reputable scientific journal.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom