Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Fairly or not, people first gauge your intelligence against your proficiency in your native language.
    I refuse to help anyone who can't be bothered to spell-check a simple word like "advice".
    If there are at least 20 threads on a topic in the archive, people should receive an electric shock if they try to start another thread.
    Heating CD's with a blow dryer. It's like a deleted "Danger" Barch scene from 'Million Dollar Baby'.
    Reading is hard, which why only a tiny minority of audio fans will consult 'The Wireless World' and 'Audio' archives. Enter M. Fremer.
    I could obviously make a fortune selling useless audio accessories to "audiophiles".
    Miracle audio cables, magic power cords, acrylic turntable platters -- demonstrate that you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I had a dorm mate in college who tried to mate a pair of Cerwin Vegas to his turntable. The CV's seemed very rumble-sensitive.
    I made a "Stevenson" protractor from the RCA equations. The funny thing is, Stevenson was still in grade school when the math was published.
    RCA probably felt the need to impose practical limits on null-point noodling. RCA had to build stuff.
    For heavy metal -- just make sure there a big set of Cerwin Vega speakers at the end of your signal path.
    I think Michael Fremer's strength is his knowledge that he isn't worth the trouble of refuting.
    Engineers in the Boston Audio Society make fun of Michael Fremer. Judging by his attitude, I'm sure he's aware of it.
    The rest is your problem, my man. Speaking for myself, you couldn't pay me to use Cerwin Vegas.
    There are people who insist they can hear the little steps in interpolated digital waveforms who don't notice the grit in their vinyl LP's.
    Is using the archive really that difficult? It's there to make people's lives easier.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom