Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• If people did just a little bit of technical background reading, they could save themselves a lot of time and expense.
    People worry about economizing on digital audio file storage space. Then they go out and buy hundreds 12" vinyl LP's.
    FLAC? Frankly, I can't see the point right now. When I think I'm about to hit audio file storage limitations, I get another hard drive.
    All lossy compressed audio sucks. It's just a matter of how BAD it sucks. Could I say this in the digital forum? Of course not.
    You can't reproduce test conditions or test results using adjectives, the stuff on which The Absolute Sound thrives.
    Unfortunately, on public forums, the opinions of the knowledgeable and the opinions of the ignorant are weighted equally.
    Meanwhile, my newest CD player only cost a little over $200. My newest audio interface only cost $100.
    Nice to discover that the ASIO driver written by another company works in your brand of audio interface.
    I'm trying to keep the number of preamps down in my recording rig. This problem has turned into quite the bitch.
    First, you need to get some audiophile ground wire, made of hand-woven Japanese copper, only $500 a foot. Michael Fremer swears by it.
    Millenials discover defects in vinyl records for the first time, forced to take traumatic journey back to Earth.
    Watch -- somebody's going to start an argument about stylus pressure gauges. Three, two, one....
    You care a lot more about your problem than I do. I will, at most, make a suggestion or two, then move on.
    Cassette tapes, because the sound isn't degraded enough on vinyl. Strive for the ultimate recording -- pure noise.
    if there's an audiophile branch of SETI, it must meet in the turntable forums of amateur audio sites.
    Automatic turntables are noisier, by and large, than their manual counterparts. It's just the way it goes.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom