Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Real engineers don't have the time to engage in the kind of self-promotion Michael Fremer engages in. The guy is decidedly 5th-rate.
    Pros won't use unbalanced, RCA connections to hook up anything except as a last resort. People obsessing about RCA cables are a hoot.
    Wow, these Albeniz recordings are brittle-sounding. Did this problem start in the studio?
    I don't see the point of buying home audio gear that's more expensive than the gear used to make the original recordings.
    I'm taking one more stab at restoring some nasty sounding Albeniz tracks. Problems may have started in the studio control booth.
    Well, I'll let you guys argue about turntable platforms. I've got other things to do.
    Working on how to get more detail out of restored recordings, especially ones from badly worn media.
    Vinyl tech issues were beaten to death decades ago, by people with technical credentials. Why don't amateur vinyl heads move the hell on?
    A tonearm with the theoretically optimal zero mass is called a laser. They put those in Oppos.
    And the rest, my friend, is up to you. Get a ring binder, and start downloading and printing articles.
    Some people should just stick with their iPods. Helping them with an audio problem is just impossible.
    Turntables are not precision instruments, despite the wishful thinking of diehard vinyl fans.
    Livingroom warriors obsess about things that wouldn't even occur to professional engineers. I couldn't work in a home audio store.
    There's nothing less interesting to me than starting an argument, regardless of circumstances.
    Looks like the boss laid down the law to the forum moderators; they're suddenly showing up in force. Lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom