Bugler
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Bugler, I saw from a previous post you have experience with Revox TT's. I reecently acquired a B790 and am having an issue with the vertical drop of the "tone arm." When on a level surface, the cartridge sways to the left. If the TT is propped up at an angle, about an inch high on the left side, the needle will always drop straight up and down. Thoughts?

Lucas
    Hi Bugler.I see you had a Thorens TD160 way back.Did it have the TP16 tonearm?if so, can you advise what the 4 or 5 adjusting knobs, dials are for?Do you still have the owners/service manual?Online sites have copies with relevant pages missing.Best wishes
    Bugler
    Bugler
    Message 1, I am so sorry it took me so long to reply. First thing go to vinylengine.com. Their instruction manual is complete. You have to register but it's free. At top left click on "library". Next scroll down to "Thorens" and click on it.
    Bugler
    Bugler
    Message 2, Scroll down to TD-160 under belt drive turntables and click on the instruction manual for the TD-160. Scroll down about half way to where it instructs you on how to set up the TP-16 tonearm.
    Bugler
    Bugler
    Message 3, Once you've looked it over let me know if you need more assistance. I will gladly walk you through the set up by phone, FaceTime or whatever works best for you. Sorry for so many messages but that's the only way the system would let me do it. Brad
    How are things? As a fellow Cancer patient you have my best wishes.
    Bugler
    Bugler
    Hi Joe. Just accidentally stumbled upon this message and thought I'd see how you are doing. Unfortunately I'm at a point where if I continue chemo which makes me very sick I've got 3-4 years left. Based on scans a couple months ago. I will probably at some point have a tough decision to make about chemo. If I quit chemo now I've only got about 1-2 years left.
    Hey, just wanted to let you know your are in my thoughts a prayers. Hang in there buddy!

Rob
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom