w1jim
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I recently came across a set of Ar-3st super tweeters and am trying to find some valuation on them. These things must be super rare, simply little to no information on them. I did see a post of yours from 2012 and that you sold a set of them. If I'm not being to forward, would you mind letting me know the ballpark figure that you sold yours for? I may be out of line by asking but I'm simply at a dead end. Thank you.
    w1jim
    w1jim
    I sold them on eBay to an Asian buyer.
    I had them listed on eBay and he reached out for a direct buy - I told him to make me an offer and sold them for a (shocking) $500 plus shipping to a USA address.
    Good deal since they cost me virtually nothing.
    Today I’d try listing them with a BIN of $750.
    I hope this helps.
    ToxicTele
    ToxicTele
    Much appreciated. I was figuring in the $500 range, but who knows these days. Units are in really good condition, as well as the matching Ar2's, think I'll just use them until something else catches my eye. Thank you for the response.
    Hello,
    Do you think your generous soul with the Audio Research parts might have a complete set of AM 1 & AM2 modules he might want to part with?
    Thank you
    w1jim
    w1jim
    Sorry, those parts are long gone!
    Would like to buy your Meridian processor/preamp -packaging and shipping would add how much to price ? -prefer FedEx with the ability to have them hold it for me to pick up at the local FedEx office. zip code is 53076
    Regards
    John Stackpole
    John@stckpole.bz
    w1jim
    w1jim
    John
    I replied in Conversations - check your inbox.
    Morning Jim
    I never got the files... Maybe you had the eMail address wrong?
    woofer_01@yahoo.com

thanks
    Fred
    (South of Boston in the Burbs)
    w1jim
    w1jim
    Oops, got stuck in my drafts folder - sent it a moment ago.
    I hope these files help.
    Hi Jim
    Rumor has it you may have the service manual and a hi-rez schematic for the Nikko Gamma 30. Is this true?
    If so... is it possible you could email me the PDFs?

<woofer_01@yahoo.com>

Thanks
    Fred (South of Boston in the Burbs)
    w1jim
    w1jim
    I have the schematic for the 30 and the SM for the 40 - sent you both.
    My first Frankenfest. Couple of questions.

* How do most people who reach deals handle sales? Cash? Paypal by Cell Phone? Credit Cards? Or simply checks?

* Does the equipment offered include broken, parts, etc gear? Or just working gear?

* Where is the cutoff between "ordinary" and "sought out" for this crowd? For example, are a pair of working Large Advents too "ho hum" for anybody to be interested?
    w1jim
    w1jim
    Equipment offered includes everything that someone in our hobby would see as worthwhile.
    Personally I've bought and sold speakers, amps, turntables, test equipment, lots of vinyl, etc.
    w1jim
    w1jim
    What's the cutoff? Well, there's some stuff that people won't even pick up for free - but generally take into consideration that we've all been doing this for a while and each have plenty of gear. We're also at different cycles in the process - I know some people are eager to get rid of stuff and that's their motivation. Others "know what they've got" and won't sell it for cheap.
    w1jim
    w1jim
    Large utility advents at $150 probably won't sell - but maybe the right buyer would pay $50-$755 (just guessing).

So, roll the dice - you never know!
    Jim, thanks for keeping me on the list. I'm finally ready to participate in Frankenfest this coming March 21. Sign me up for an XXL tee and also sweatshirt. We pay at the door for these, or otherwise how?

I've got a lot of stuff to bring, and am looking forward to meeting you and the other guys/gals(?).
    Jim, is there a 2020 Winter Frankenfest? I didn't see a thread.
    w1jim
    w1jim
    Yes - I’ll put up a thread in a few days.
    Also T-shirts are available.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/♫-wicked-cool-frankenfest-t-shirts-and-sweatshirts-shipping-available.896543/#post-13351490
    Reactions: Pete B
    Jim - I noticed your extensive posts on the DBX 3BX systems. I am currently working on a later Series 1 3BX (without the 9 boards). However, while I have been able to find several Service Manuals for the Series 1 - all appear to be for units with the additional 9 boards. Do you know of a source for a Service Manual for the Series 1 with a single board?
    I read a post from you about 2 yrs ago.. I was wondering where you got your led's for your vu meters at for your sony..This would be a great help. I have one bulb out. Thanks Donna
    ..hi there.....
    I was reading your post of the nicest 9500 sansui you wanted to make. im interested to know whether. doubling those PS caps made a difference or not..
    I have a recapped 9500 with. all caps changed with one step up voltages and capacitance where possible. but used a nice beryl 4700 uF caps in the PS .
    please let me know what change in sound you found with various mods .
    w1jim
    w1jim
    It would be impossible for me to say with conviction that increasing the PA capacitors made a noticeable improvement though in theory it could.
    Though I loved the look of the AU-9500 I found that I much preferred my modded AU-999, even stock I thought it superior to the 9500.
    quadklipsh
    quadklipsh
    Or right. I won't do that capacitor thingy. And since 999 is even rarer to find ill keep the 9500 and continue to love it
    I don't recall specifically and I sold it once I got my G-22000. But if there was any hiss I'm sure it wasn't objectionable - as in way below the music.
    Did you ever get your ARC D-350 working?

If not, are you interested in selling it for parts?
    Hard to say, I never listened to them critically though they made them more stable on carpeting.
    I made my own with some inexpensive hanger bolts and a bit of grinding.
    Thanks Jim.

Did using the spikes make much difference in the sound?

These have been refoamed recently as well.
    Hello Jim,

I had a question about a pair of Boston Acoustic T-830's and was told that you were the go to guy for these.

I was told that you raised and slightly tilted yours. Just wondering what you did exactly and how it turned out?

I'm running mine with a Sansui AU-517 amp.

Thanks!

Jason
    Jim,

Email is fcarpcarp@comcast.net

As always, thank you so much for your help with this, you make everything much easier. Speaking strictly for myself, I'm a person who operates best in "path of least effort" mode.

Do you have any idea who the old Altec guy (Bill I think) and his sons names are and what their board names are? Like I ain't old....

Frank
    Hello, I saw your systems. I have two "stereo shop" switchers by audio authority. I have had them for awhile now. Pm me if you want more info. Something like 16 pairs of speaker switching CD, tape, amplifier.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom