NoTransistors
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I hope this email finds you well, I just acquired a Dual 1229, I would like you to go through and replace any worn parts, and parts that look suspect, please let me know how to contact you, phone number would be good, talk soon
    Best regards
    Robert
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Robert

I am rarely on AK these days and was not even aware until just now of some very cool comments posted by fellow AK nembers.
    My phone is 718 434-3354 Florida time.
    Hello, I have a Dual 1229 in desperate need of a refresh, as well as a new headshell. It's also missing a motor pulley. Would you be able to help?
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    I apologize for not getting back to you.
    AK gives zero notification that anyone posted in this manner.
    You should in future simply send me email through AK

Seth
    If you would--
    Still in business? I have a very nice Dual 1219 in need of restoration. Thanks much, N. (in Brooklyn)
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Yes Sir, I can fix it.
    Please be aware that I am near Tampa.
    718 434-3354
    Hi! I saw a thread where it was mentioned you were restoring a PE2040, which happens to be a turntable I’m restoring as well. Do you know how to get the cue lever working on these? as is it doesn’t do much of anything. Ive fixed the lack of friction on the automatic tone arm, and also replaced most of the old grease but the cue lever still is non-functional. Any help is greatly appreciated
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Hi
    That turntable was a nightmare to work on. Honestly, I have turned down quite a number of rebuilds on these since.
    It has been years since that repair and I hardly recall the specifics.
    There is a PE owner's website (in German). Many Germans do speak English, which helps.
    Careful, do not lose the balls in the arm bearings. There is no retainer.

Good Luck.
    Hey there. You've been very helpful to me in the past. I found a 1229 at a yard sale, took it home, spun it up. Not bad. Decided to take apart, clean and reassemble the speed selector and now the idler wheel doesn't make contact with the motor or the rim. Can you tell me what I did wrong?
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Selector has two springs, plus a third that pulls in the wheel.
    Assuming everything was put back as designed, you can still blame the issue on dry grease.
    The cast metal pieceneeds to slide easily on the metal dowel.
    Look, you can call me some evening because guessing is just that, guessing.

Seth
    718 434-3354 eastern time
    I live in Orlando, FL and have this 1225 that needs some love. Will give you a call sometime this week to see when it's convenient to you for me to drop it off.
    I’ve decided to get the arm fixed on my 1229, since I think that repair is beyond my pay-grade. Would you be willing to take it on?

Thanks
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Give me a ring at 718 434-3354
    Thank you. Seth
    I have a 1219 that needs restoration. How would like me to ship it, any packing instructions? Thanks, John
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Please call me at 718 434-3354 one evening and we will get this turntable restoration going. I will tell you how I pack a 1219 properly. You will be sending it to my new address in Florida. I just moved here from New York and am unpacking
    Hi Seth, I came across you as a recommended Dual guy in a Dual thread. I just purchased a 1228 from an estate, I live in Brooklyn, and I'm interested in having it restored. I may have to hold off a bit due to finances but have I come to the right place?
    D
    DMcB123
    Great thanks! Part of my job is packing precious items so I should have the materials I'll need, will like to hear your instructions.

But are you leaving NY?
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    North of Tampa, my friend. Sixty two years in Brooklyn. Time to be a bit happier. Want a baby gator or fresh water croc?
    D
    DMcB123
    I was going to ask if you were going to FLA already lol
    Hi Seth, I have a Dual 1218 with a Grado Prestige Gold1 cart. I hear what I think is the motor turning the platter through my speakers—the low frequency driver shakes like crazy. Is this issue in need of service, or a good lube? If the latter, is there a guide of any kind that would show a novice like myself where to oil? Many thanks, Eric
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Eric, I just sold two 1218, both of which surprised me with their silence. But, the stereo that I use to audition my repairs considts of a Carver 120 wpc amp and teo Dynaco speakers. Tone controls on amp set to flat.
    So, depending on one's set-up, rumble is possible.This part of AK has a 400 word limit, so email me at no transistors@aol.com
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    We can attempt a repair by phone or email or both.
    Finnetric
    Finnetric
    Thanks very much, Seth. I'll send you and email to converse further. BTW, I'm in Queens about 45 min from your shop
    Hello, was wondering if I get a 1219 or 1229 can I use my Ortofon bronze cartridge on them? Also have a 1009 sk. Do you work on those? It seems to run a little slow. But everything works on it. Thanks for all your posts on duals, I've had the 1009 for 35 yrs. Thank you for your help. Ed
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Ed, The Bronze has the same look as the Red. If it fits like the Red, it would be very tight. I have worked on both the 1009 and the 1009SK. Great-sounding turntables. Did you know that I sell Dual turntables, rebuilt to order? My Facebook page is Dual Turntable Repair and Service By No Transistors. And you are very welcomed for the years of posts concerning Dual.
    Hello,
    I should have waited awhile before I sent my CS 1246 out for servicing. I live in Queens, and I recently picked up this Dual with the sticking tone arm problem as described in a recent thread (I am not the OP). Oh well, I do have several old Garrards that could use service, so do you work on Garrards too? Thanks and sorry for the intrusion.
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Thanks for contacting me. Garrards are too time-consuming to be worth it. You would be paying through-the-nose for my time.
    Reactions: lbls1
    G
    Guest126
    Not a problem. I just wish I bumped into you earlier with my Dual.
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Get a 1219 or 1229 or 1229Q, and I will be all over it like white on rice.
    Reactions: lbls1
    Hello. I have an Elac Miracord 50H. I know that you don’t work on these but i was wondering if you know of someone who works on/ specializes in restoring these turntables? Thought I would take a flyer to see if you have ever come across someone who knows their way around these.

Thanks,

Chris
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Chris, The only person to come to mind is AK member StereoFisher. Eric has been posting about Miracords for all the years I have been here..Contact him and feel him out. Who knows?I am smart enough to not make a new customer into my guinea pig.
    Hello Seth, I have a Dual 1009 that needs servicing and was wondering if you would be willing to have a look.
    Thanks,
    -Matt
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Just sheer luck that I looked at the posts in this section. People do not realize that the AK forum does not notify us when a post is placed here. Now that I got that off my chest, I will ask you to please give me a call some evening at 718 434-3354. Not this particular Fri, Sat, Sun, though.The 1009 is a good-sounding unit You will enjoy using it.

Seth
    Hey Seth Mike Gibson sent me your way. I just recently picked up a Dual 1015 with no spindles. Mike advised me that you are the man when it comes to Duals. So I was wondering if you had any spindles for the 1015. I need the changer and the manual spindles. Thanx for your time.
    Marshall.
    How much does it cost for services? I have a 1019 with a stuck anti skate, a needle/cartridge that might need replacing, and a headmount issue.
    NoTransistors
    NoTransistors
    Email me at notransistors@aol.com, and we will talk., because you will supply your telephone # for me to call.

Seth
    Hello, I have a Dual 1219 that has sat in storage since the late 1960s. Are you still servicing Duals?
    Regards,
    Russ
    Ballston Spa, NY
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom