dcgillespie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dave,
    Back a few years you searched for verified fender hi power heavy duty triad to schumacher ot. I did not see in the final post was for 2-6L6GC 50w 4 ohm ot transformer listing on the 45xxx triad numbers.
    Dave
    Dave I am getting ready to order parts for your EFB board. I have a early serial number Fisher 400 / #15350E

Do any of the component values change for the early serial # 400?

I thought that I had read somewhere they did.

I am using your drawing from 3/24/2013 to order parts.

Thank You.
    HI Dave, I'm somewhat new here (at least to posting) and I just put up a post about building a Magnavox 9300 circuit from scratch, using Pilot output transformers I have. A member mentioned some things to try UNLESS I was using your revised/improved Maganvox 9300 schematic. Is there anywhere I can find a copy of that schematic to refer to as I put my build together? Thank you so much!
    Ted
    Hello Dave. I have a 500C that all of your mods have been done to. The receiver sounds incredible. I was curious if you ever tried bypassing the speaker selector switch and just having one pair of binding posts energized? If so, did it make any difference sonically? Thanks, Jason
    Hi Dave! I'm a student at Georgia Tech trying to build a Fisher KX-200 from scratch for a class and have been killing myself looking for specs on the transformers so I can get on with the build. While searching, I kept seeing you in all the Fisher threads and noticed that youre (hopefully still) not too far from me in Ball Ground. Was wondering if you had any advice, wisdom, or details on how to overcome this hurdle?
    Hello Dave! I have long read about your mods to tube amps & wonder if you still do work? I have considered a HeathKit amp many, many years & finally, with kids gone & time to myself I should finally bite the bullet get a Heathkit done up right. Still gotta get the misses approval but want to know if you are available to upgrade a HeathKit amp(s) that you feel is best/available/hits a sweet spot? Thanks, Rich
    Hi Dave, I likely need some help, lol…
    When I bought my 500c it was completely original including all fisher branded tubes. Nothing under the chassis had yet been touched. I slowly powered it up with a variac and it played reasonably well from both channels and the tuner worked. My question deals with high current draw on the 7591s (all Fisher) with a bias level of -21.5 at the tube.
    Hi Dave, I need help! I have 2 Hf-60s and I tried your 6550 modification. But, am a real amateur. I thought I could follow your directions and succeed. I had trouble following the schematic. When I plugged it in it smoked! How to proceed? Do I try again? Or could you recommend someone to do the modification correctly in the Los Angeles area? Many thanks for considering.BTW, we are restaurant owners too! Michael
    Dave I have a sansuii SM 320M receiver and amp that was purchased in 1961 needs complete restoration in cluding caps resistors , it appears to be in pristine condition no burning , paper oil caps suzuki caps dated 1962 all labels on caps and tubes are legible would you be willing to restore?
    Hi Dave. I have a Magnavox 9304 , never been happy with it. It was already converted and I did some changes at the time. Recently picked up Klipsch Quartets. Sounded horrible. with my Marantz 1060 ...much better and Fisher 500 just lovely. Not sure if issues are from under the hood or a tube issue. Looking for help, advice etc..
    Not sure if you work on these yourself or could just guide me.
    First off from one Dave to another thank you so much for your posts. You are responsible for many hours of enjoyment. I have a question I am building a SE1 Off of your schematic. In the schematic you have two 100 ohm resistors going to pin 3 on one 6BQ5. The other ends go to x. Is X the heaters? I am just this connection away from my first fire up.
    Reactions: ludoviko
    ludoviko
    ludoviko
    Hi, Were you able to figure that out, gonna start on this project soon and i had the same question regarding the part of the circuit
    Hi Dave. Do you do restorations for people ? I have a fisher x202 that needs your love !? Thanks. gabe.
    Good morning
    my name is Bob i live in Vancouver wa. and see we are neighbors
    and was wondering if you could recommend a tube tec in the area
    to do some work on my Fisher 101 st
    TKS Bob B
    masdaspeed3@gmail.com
    Hi Dave, I'm enjoying my SA-300 connected to Triton 7 speakers. But I don't get vertical imaging, the voice stays about 3' from the floor. Is this normal? Tweaks? Tubes? Thanks!
    Hi Dave- Recently secured (2) W5M amps w/ different OPTs along w/ matching P2 pres and want to restore it all. Sent you a PM to get your thoughts. Suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you!
    Hi Dave, many thanks for helping out with my Fisher x-101-d amp !
    Is there anything that you would replace or upgrade without any doubt or question ?
    Grid resistors, coupling caps etc. ? Also, the tone control is pretty ineffective and I wonder whether those
    ECC83 tubes are responsible for that issue ?
    Thanks, klaus
    Hi Dave, I've been reading your expertise on HF-60s mods. Is that something you do for other Eico owners, or who would you recommend to execute your modification? Thanks, Michael
    Hi, I have a 299 with a different circuit than the one you were helping with in an earlier thread. Mine is like the Drawing No.D-299-CI,1958. 7189 power tubes and 6BL8 phase inverters. It has one bias pot on the back apron. It has one DC bal pot and one AC bal pot for each channel.Could you explain or point me to a link that explains how to make the
    adjustments regarding these pots.Thank you.Dave
    Just found it. Like my mother always used to say: "Look with your eyes, not with your mouth." Wise woman. Going to read through the 27 pages of your thread now. Infinite gratitude, and please ignore my idiocy. I haven't gotten that far in yet, but I do hope you did some good A/B listening tests... One person said he preferred it to the Marantz 8B and Citation II !!

Many Thanks,
    Dan
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom