idadude
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I started out very happy with my 2.5's but lately I just don't know. I'm powering both with a vintage Yamaha m-65 amp which is 230 Watts per channel at 4 Ohms and it doesn't seem to have enough power unless I max out the gain on the amp. I'm thinking of trying to bi-amp and do some room tweaks to try to get better imaging out of them.
    idadude
    idadude
    I'm using a Cherry Megaschino amp with 700+ wpc and it seems too powerful for the 2.5s. I'm thinking the Cherry Maraschinos would be a perfect match for the 2.5s. They should be just right for the 2.5s.
    I really enjoyed following your restoration of you RS 2.5's. I was wondering how the caps you replaced are doing and if you've had any issues. I have a set and are thinking of replacing my caps but a little hesitant as I haven't see that many people who have done this.
    idadude
    idadude
    The 2.5's are doing fine and haven't had any issues. I'm thinking of replacing the 120uf Solens with Clarity CSA caps. Bypassing the mid & tweeter pots with Duelund resistors is an unregrettable move also. I have another set of 2.5's I'm going to rebuild. Much nicer oak patterned veneer on these. I will do a better job on the second pair.
    Nice to see another 2.5 guy hangin about! :) We should talk a bit sometime... Ohio to Idaho? Could happen! lol :)
    idadude
    idadude
    I am going to be in the Lima Ohio area for one day a week from Saturday. No time to stop anywhere, though I wish I could. I actually have two complete pairs of 2.5's and a third bass box. Yes, these are great speakers!
    idadude
    idadude
    Call me and leave a message and I'll call you back. 208-859-6166. Larry
    Your avatar brought back memories of my father. He was a great train buff, photographer, and model railroader. When i was a boy we'd follow any "special" trains from crossing to railroad crossing all the way until we could no longer get ahead of it by car. He Would quick get out and set up his tripod and as soon as it would pass we'd jump back in the car off to the next one. I'd always come home filthy dirty from playing in the scrap piles along the tracks. Mom would give him heck...
    Jim
    just wondering how you are doing with your KLF20 mods and where you are at. Best of the season and best regards Moray James.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom