Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• The cheapest shirt-pocket digital recorder outperforms the greatest consumer analog tape recorders ever made.
    I'd say if your tonearm headshell has an audible sound signature -- even if you think it's desirable -- you have a problem.
    In more than 45 years of using turntables, I've never been able to trace performance differences back to differing headshell materials.
    Guys often buy audio gear for same reason women buy jewelry: it isn't what the thing does, but how owning it makes you feel.
    Engineers moved on from the cables "issue" a long time ago. It's only audiophile dweebs who are still talking about it.
    Cables: Even when scientific information is available, people won't read it or, if they do read it, they'll refuse to believe it.
    People who make and sell "audiophile" power cables are preying on the gullible.
    To paraphrase others, I can give you the information, but understanding it, and using it effectively, is your job.
    When I want to make it clear that I don't actually know anything, I express "my thoughts on" or "my take on" something.
    I swear, for some people, if you can't get info with the tap of a smart phone icon, that means the info is completely inaccessible
    I always remind myself when I make a suggestion that I'm not the one with the problem, and I'm not getting paid to post.
    IMO, it would take real neglect to make the counterweight of an SL1200 tonearm stick. It should be very easy to remove.
    Man, if you're REALLY interested in a subject, don't ask me about it. Look the stuff up, because, chances are, that's what *I* did.
    I have to use turntables sometimes for engineering projects, but I would never make one the centerpiece of my livingroom stereo.
    If the Eloi actually existed, I'm convinced they'd be writing turnable articles for 'Stereophile'.
    Some appear to live by a rule of thumb that because something is older it must be better. I don't get that at all.
    The CD players I owned in the 1980's were so unstable they needed carriage locks. I'd never get a "vintage" CD player for any reason.
    There's not so big a difference between different brands of RCA cable as there is between RCA cable and balanced cable.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom