primosounds
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What I decided to use for this build is two 500mh 300ma chokes. The specs call for a a 10h , but this seems to work better. I need to drop some voltage anyway. I was hoping to put them under the chassis also. What would you have in that area, up to 10h, min 200ma? How much for them?

Thanks, kennyg
    primosounds
    primosounds
    I forgot to mention that they have ceramic standoffs instead of wire leads. These would be way over 100 bucks a piece if made today.
    Kennyg2209
    Kennyg2209
    Ya, that's a little more than I can afford. I appreciate the offer though. For now I'll just stick with the 500mh for $20 . They'll fit nicely under the chassis.

Thanks again!

Kennyg
    primosounds
    primosounds
    The chokes in a single ended amp power supply are critical for reducing the AC component in the B+ . Comparing your requirement of a 10H vs 0.5H choke is not going to get the job done. Not only will the voltage regulation and voltage drop be less , the amount of noise in the B+ will be more. I just thought i would mention it.
    More than a grand for just the rebuild. Highly recommend Steve Clarke for any rebuild project. Mirko is also very good and actually manufactures parts from his machine shop.
    Blue Bomber Amp: SE 5992 x 2, 5691 RCA red base , 6106 rectifier. Turning cold war electronics into beautiful music reproduction.
    Just built the Krenum Quad, PSE EL84 with LCLC power supply LM317 bias control = 12 W of superb sound
    Hello Primosounds,
    I understand you have a Heathkit W-5M power transformer 54-32 that is in working order and you are asking $100 for it. If you still have it I am ready to make a quick deal. I will pay you through PayPal, the $100, PP fee, and shipping cost.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom