beej
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Good Morning, Beej!

Just yesterday I purchased a PL-2 of Facebook Marketplace. ($20) The seller informed me that he couldn't get the turntable speed to work properly. When I got home and hooked it up, verified his issue. I ordered a 23.6" replacement belt yesterday.
    Its clear that you are the foremost authority on these machines, so I was hoping you might have some insight, advice, etc....

Thanks!

Scott
    beej
    beej
    Hi Scott, Sending you a PM
    Hi Beej, I've had some troubles with my PL-7 and stumbled on forums that I should request for a guide made by you. Would you kindly send me a copy if it's not too much trouble? My email is: entermusicsg@gmail.com

Thank you sincerely in advance.

God bless!
    beej
    beej
    No trouble. I'll be sending several items from beej1123j@aol.com. PL-7 will be the subject.
    Hi Beej, I've looked all over for information on how to get inside my Pioneer PL-730 and came across the thread here that names you as an authority on the subject. I'd greatly appreciate the PDF you've put together so I can breathe some life into this old TT. My email is n.ludington@yahoo.com. You are appreciated!
    beej
    beej
    Email coming your way from beej1123j@aol.com Subject line will read PL-730.
    Hello Beeg, it would be so kind to lend me the pdf where it explains the corrections to Pioneer PL 5. I have found (with the explanations that I saw in the forum) the speed, but I could not with the constant restart, apply the solution of putting a drop machine oil but it didn't work; it rings for just a second and returns to the armrest to do it again. my email is: audioholico@icloud.com. Thanks
    beej
    beej
    Just responded via email. Apologies for the delay in responding - I've been out of town for a few days. Butch
    Hi, I just purchased a pioneer pl-7 with known issues from ebay, and your guide would likely be very helpful in getting the thing open. My email is davidlenk1@gmail.com.
    Thanks, David
    beej
    beej
    Sent with comments. Good luck
    Hello there!

I have got a PL-6 at home which I've been trying to repair(auto-return goes in a loop, and cut button which doesn't seem to work), and I got to know about your guide from a youtube video.

Even though it's a slightly different model, I think your PL-5/7 guide would help since they seem very similar.
    Could you kindly send it at ascoli.minnocci@gmail.com?

Thank you in advance from Italy,

Francesco
    Reactions: beej
    BachoSeven
    BachoSeven
    I thought I'd add that the exact name of the TT is "Quartz-pull Auto Return PL-6"
    beej
    beej
    I'd be happy to. I'll send it along tomorrow morning.
    Hi beej!

Apologies for troubling you - I've picked up a PL-7 with the auto return issue that seems to be fairly common. I've come across your name in nearly every search while researching the fix for this issue, and numerous metions of the quality of your guide.

Could I trouble you for your repair guide? My email is:

edward.rhys@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

Best,

Eddie
    Kirbalicious
    Kirbalicious
    Also, I just checked the speed with an app on my phone, it holds perfectly at 33rpm, but doesn't make it to 45rpm. Is that something that might be covered in the same guide?

Thanks again, and hope I'm not troubling you!
    beej
    beej
    Hi Eddie, Just sent you the guide via email from beej1123j@aol.com.
    Hey beej! Could I get a copy of your PL-7 guide sent to stephen@hintons.org? I'm also a SE Virginian as well! Picked up a PL-5 and it's starting to take over my SL-D2 as my primary turntable, the full auto is just so nice.
    beej
    beej
    The PL-5 is, apart from my PL-9, my very best favorite of all time. Sure thing on the guide.
    Hey. Just scored me a PL-4, and i would love to get the PL-7 disassembly/cleaning guide to my email barrcohen@gmail.com.
    Also, once i'm down there, someone recommended replacing C2 and C3 on the speed control pcb, which seems like a good idea. if you have any more advice for a more in-depth servicing, or any replacement that could help this TT sound even better, i'd love to hear it. Many thanks!
    beej
    beej
    Just now saw your comment. Email coming your way directly from beej1123j@aol.com
    Reactions: JWPC
    Hi Beej,

Would you please send me a copy of the Pl-7 guide? My email address is ivanyhg@hotmail.com
    I have a PL-730 That I am trying to get into.
    Any advise is also welcome.

Many thanks from Ontario Canada.
    Hi, can I get your PL-7 guide? I have a PL-5. Is it the same to tear down as a PL-7? my email is cohenj54@gmail.com
    beej
    beej
    Responded with the guide and some tips from beej1123j
    Hello and another new audiophile here in the forum. I bought a decent working PL-255 awhile back. Recently it developed a bad speed problem. It's running way slow. Its direct drive and I have no idea how to open it up to see how to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    beej
    beej
    Hi Jorge, I'm not particularly familiar with that turntable however you can download both the owners manual and service manual here: https://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pl-255.shtml You have to become a member but membership is free. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Good luck. Butch
    J
    Jorge Nunez
    Beej, I was able to fix the PL-255 using the vinyl engine instructions. Not the best manual but it helped me to understand how the turntable operates well enough. It plays so sweet. Thanks for keeping up on this forum. Great information here.
    Beej:

Any chance of still getting a copy of the PL-7 guide. My email is embrycarl@gmail.com.

thanks a million.
    Hi Beej - any chance you could send me a copy of your pl-7 guide? My email is khodgeslaw@yahoo.com.

Greatly appreciated.
    Hello beej.

Could you kindly send me a copy of your PL-7 guide? My email address is pshin05@yahoo.com

Thank you.
    beej
    beej
    Just logged in an saw this. Guide sent with a question.
    lbking2 Hi, Can I get your disassembly guide, does it apply to the PL-4?
    Happy New Year !!
    My email is lbking2@hotmail.com
    Hi beej! I am struggling with dismantling my pl-7 and would appreciate your guide and possible assistance. I 'm trying to give it a good cleaning to see if I can get the 45 working again. Feel free to email me: wanna_get_electric@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Monique
    If you reached out to me for assistance/copy of my PL-7 guide and I have yet to respond, please send an email to beej1123j@aol.com. Thanks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom