Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• All else being equal, you'll have the fewest performance problems on a tt with a 45 rpm monophonic record.
    Turntables are so crude as technology that I couldn't imagine making one the centerpiece of a modern entertainment system.
    Even though I'm single, I've managed not to pile my basement storage shelves to ceiling with dumpster finds. I amaze myself.
    I learned about the deficiencies of vinyl and cassette tape a long time ago, from years of direct experience. Others are just learning.
    "Suffer with me while I agonize about buying some insignificant audio component." ~ About 50% of the posts on audio forums.
    Thank God I don't agonize over shopping for cables. I just order what looks decent from B&H, Sweetwater, or Newark. Really easy.
    Do your friends suspect your hearing is shot? Show them your cassette tape collection and remove all doubt.
    Interest in cassette tapes is yet more evidence that millennial "audiophiles" haven't the slightest idea what they're talking about.
    Millennials discover, for the first time, technology that doesn't work as well as an iPhone. Next up: carburetors.
    You mean the guy at Chi-Chi Audio lied when he told you vinyl was flawless? My God!
    Vintage Radio Shack speakers. What next? More evidence that so-called audiophiles are tone-deaf.
    It isn't the initial outlay that's the problem with a used Dual 1229. It's the investment in labor to keep it running.
    I think most people digging Dual 1229's out of their attics don't know what condition they're in. Buying one is a bit of a crap shoot.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom