pete_mac
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi. I've seen that you are a big fan of alpha Sansui, and i.m curious between Au x701, Au x901, Au x711 and Au x911dg which one do you think is better? In fact I have to choose between au x701 and aux911dg and I red great things about bouth.
    I just recently purchased a X711 Sansui. I read that you had updated this particular model with Silmic II capacitors. I was looking for some feedback on how the upgrade went? Did you notice any changes? I presently love the sound of my X711 and I think it mates wonderfully with my Jamo C607's.
    do u have any more pics of the interior of the sansui 101,especially the wiring going into the speaker terminals i added the new type as u did ,also pics of where the power cord comes in,thanks for any help
    HI Pete,

My name is Kevin. You helped me out a while back suggesting speakers with my Sansui AU-x701. Thanks so much for your input.
    I am back in the market for speakers. I was wondering if you were still happy with your ELITE Aesthet 1 MK II speakers? I have to fly to Hong Kong every few months and might pick up a pair next time I am there. They're going for about $738USD.
    pete_mac
    pete_mac
    Hi Kevin! Nice to hear from you.

Yes, I still consider the Elites to be superb speakers for the money. I am using them to voice the modifications for an older set of speakers at the moment, as the Elites measure so flat! The Elites won't be going anywhere any time soon!! I do think that they are hard to beat for the money.

Good solid stands are a must.

cheers,
    Pete
    I'm new to AK and I have some questions about a CA-1010 I just aquired. It needs some restoration. I'm in Minneapolis MN. Just wondering what my options are and what it might cost to get it restored. Thanks!
    pete_mac
    pete_mac
    Hi there,

I'm unfamiliar with US restoration options as I'm located in Australia, and the associated costs vary significantly between the two countries.

There are some good techs in the Yamaha section of the forum who may be able to assist.

Cheers
    Pete
    Hi Pete_Mac,
    I have not logged in for a long time. Will be in Sydney next week (have some family there). If it's ok, would be great to visit you and see some of your Sansui gems. Have recapped the Kenwood KA501. Not started on the 217 yet.
    Cheers and look fwd to hearing from you
    Hi Peter,
    Enormous thanks for the service manual!!
    I should [pomneyat] the capacitors of 56v 10000uf but unfortunately I cannot find similar…. You could not advise what can be placed?
    Regards
    Alex
    Hello,
    sorry for my english....
    mi name is Alex im live en Argentina, im Russian ))
    im take sansui au-417 , i need help for caps
    regards
    alex
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom