SoCal Sam
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 140 character limit, sorry. There is no sold history for the RV371 so $100 price could be too high. It is 30 years old and an AV receiver.
    As with anything audio hobby related, check ebay sold price. If the asking price is below sold price, you can try the piece for free.
    Hi dude, long ago you commented something about the Luxman RV371. on this post audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/are-older-surround-sound-receivers-underrated.688508/#post-9194737

Someone is selling it for $100 in my area.
    Could you perhaps advise me on whether I should purchase the RV-371 or should I pass?
    Hi there :)
    I see that you wrote a long & detailed review about the Marantz 2500 .

I have just got one
    and so ive got few unsolved issues about the way if functions.

& so i wonder if you have it or have expirence with this reciver & could help me ?

Ler me know
    Thanks a lot
    Eran
    Good Evening
    Was wondering if you still have the Pioneer PD-93 and if so thinking of parting with it. I am looking for a mint unit for my system which includes the 91 amp/pre amp, F-91 LD-S2 and the LD-S1 laserdisc players. I am also looking for a CT-93.
    I apologize for the blind message but appreciate you taking the time!

Thank you again
    Richard Sharp
    You know it all boils down to how much real estate you have in your home to display your collection I keep telling my wife I need 10 more feet she's not buying it, but I am looking for a few more receivers, and then there's the ones that I don't know about, so I'm looking for the SAE the optonica the Philips and the Harden Kardon totl thanks Sam
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    Cheers. I can recommend you the tech who took care of Chris' and my collections. He is the best.
    There's a few more but I'm starting to get a headache I think that's enough for tonight lol thanks Sam
    Sylvania RQ 3748 JVC s501 nakamichi 730 project one Mark 15 Sony Str V7 Carver 2000 Yamaha CR 3020 Onkyo tx 8500 mk 2 Setton RS 660 Sherwood 9091 luxman 1120 Bose Spartan control there's more there's a CM lab 805 and Olsen ra 720 I picked them up because I thought they were rare
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    Olsen is obscure. I've only seen one example.
    Here's what I got so far I'll probably run out of words because they only let you post so many but I have the Kenwood KR 9600 the Kenwood KR 9050 the Hitachi Sr 2004 pioneer SX 1980 techniques sa 1000 Akai 1200 concept 16.5 Sanyo jcx 2900 Fisher RS 1080 Scott hh390 r MCs 3125 Toshiba 7150 realistic sta 2300 which I bought brand new back in 1982 Nikko NR 1415 wintec 1120
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    All winners. My silver collection is not what it once was but I still have some good stuff. 300dc/3650/2130, KA907/KT917 with handles, Accuphase P200/C200/T101 and the two receivers. Sansui, Pioneer, and Yamaha are all gone.
    I actually sent Chris an email few weeks ago but he never got back with me do you know if I could get a hold of him through the audiokarma website? Thanks Sam I appreciate your help and knowledge. Terry
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    He got banned a long time ago. He was vintagestereo.
    Yes I've read his article he posted online very well written I have a lot of respect for Chris, I actually have most of his favorites except for the Rotel RB 5000 and a couple of others.
    I have a strong appreciation for separates, but I don't have any of the separates that you have mentioned, the only separates that I currently own is 7 Altecs 9440 + 7 Carver p.m. 1.5 amplifiers which I don't use the Carver's but the Altec I use in my home stereo system I run the Altecs in bridge mode , I plan on collecting some of the better separates eventually I just need to finish my receiver collection first
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    You are on your way. Great idea to focus on TOTL to keep the numbers in check.. You may have seen this receiver site:

http://www.chrisinmotion.com/MyFavoriteReceivers.htm

Chris is in so cal and he might answer your questions on which are the ones to collect. He is the vintage receiver expert bar none.
    I do not have the Sansui G 33000 and the Marantz 2600 yet, but substituted for now for the g9000 and the 2385, I think they represent the manufacturer's well
    No I don't have those, who made them? What I'm looking for is the Philips ah 903 maybe it never existed, it's rated at a hundred and 125 watts. And then there's the optonica sa 5901 ,5902 and the 5908 I don't have. do you know which ones were made in silver and which ones were made in Black? And if the Philips never existed what is the biggest stereo they made in silver or black? Thanks Terry
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    KA-907 is TOTL Kenwood. E-202 is Accuphase. Philips separates AH572, AH573 AH578 are @200 wpc set
    What I'm collecting is the top-of-the-line model from each manufacturer from the 70s to the early 80s in the solid state integrated stereo line with at least a hundred Watts ,I've got it narrowed down to about 4 - 5 Stereos left that I'm trying to find Maybe you could tell me if they even exist anyway thanks for responding back Terry
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    TOTL Inegrateds Interesting. Got a KA-907? Or an E-202?
    I just wanted to say hi, I live in Southern California to, and got into collecting solid-state stereos made in the 70s and 80s last October.currently I'm somewhere around 37 stereos.terry
    SoCal Sam
    SoCal Sam
    Greetings from another so cal resident. What is your area of audio interest?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom