Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• I remember when CD's were first released I couldn't get rid of my vinyl records fast enough. I've never regretted the decision.
    I predict someone will not be intellectually curious enough to look up the term "noise floor".
    I have a feeling a thread will shortly be locked. I probably shouldn't have posted in it. Oh well.
    I think my father's Dual 701 cost $400 new in 1974. That's roughly $2000 in 2018 dollars. $300 for a new deck? Yer throwing yer mun away.
    The Just-In-Time-For-Christmas Beatles' White Album reissue. Thank God it's definitive, and that I'm not cynical.
    Down to about 500Hz, a room is treated. Below that frequency, a room is *tuned*. Some sofa cushions stacked in the corners won't work.
    The guys who originally mixed and mastered an album are the ones that are going to get all of the credit. No one cares about late-comers.
    What do you do with rock albums that were designed to be listened to through car radios? Answer: Not much.
    The band members sound ALIVE, even though two of them aren't anymore. Amazing.
    You can actually sense John Lennon's neglect of Julian in these tracks now. Tragic yet wonderful.
    Now you can barely hear the toilet backing up in the studio men's room. Definitive reissue.
    Is it possible to have a career as an audio engineer if you don't remaster a Beatles album at some point? I'm beginning to wonder.
    I don't know how people can fail to find information that's virtually at their fingertips.
    Customer walks into 'Bob's 30-Acre RV Superama': "Can you tell me where I could go to find out something about RV's?"
    I thank God that, when I buy audio gear, "lifestyle" isn't taken into consideration. The stuff just has to produce a measurable result.
    Wow, this Nugen Audio Stereoizer gives a lot of polish to mono recordings. Not bad for a $100 layout.
    A lot of guys in the regional audio club haven't learned that lesson, and probably never will.
    I think you're better off positioning a couple of speakers intelligently than you are positioning a lot of them stupidly.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom