Tom B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• hi tom i have a realistic sta-2100 one side is out can you repair or rebuild it also have a sx1250 that works at some time would like to upgrade it to thanks steve
    Tom B
    Tom B
    Yes I can look at the Realistic for you. I can also Repair, or Rebuild, Upgrade, or Restore your SX-1250 if you need it done. Best to respond via PM in AK, or phone or text. I will follow with a PM
    Hi Tom, you come highly recommended from Glen. He is restoring a pair of AR 3a’s for me. I have a Marantz 2325 that I would like looked at. The right channel is week and produces static. Would you be able to get this working correctly again?
    Thanks
    Dave
    Tom B
    Tom B
    Dave, Yes I can look at your Marantz for you. I am located in Dyker Heights/Bay Ridge Brooklyn. (71st Street between 8th ave and Ft Hamilton Pkwy. ) Best way to communicate is via private message on AK, or Phone.
    Allow me to introduce myself.
    76 yo neighbor of Steve93 or is it stephen93? Was into stereo in 70s. Now re building system in limited space. I’m coming to blue mountain with Steve. Looking for Nakamichi cass deck and vinyl. Still learning ins and outs ofAK posting. Thought this was pm but doesn’t seem to be. Looking forward to the 29th.
    Tom, Thank you for doing such a fantastic job on my SX-1980. I understand it was no small feat but you persevered and I will be forever grateful. I'm sure you must be happy to have that monster off your bench. Not only did I gain a functioning amp, but I also made a good friend. Now go enjoy the beach!

-Oliver
    Hi Tom B, several folks on the General forum recommended you. I have inherited a Yamaha CR-2040 but have no speakers with which to test it and see if it needs repairs. Is this a job you could take on? I'd gladly bring the unit to you; I'm in upper Manhattan but owe a visit to a friend in Bay Ridge.
    Tom, I have JA-S55 that blows main fuse when powered up. I've checked diodes D651-658 and seems right channel may have an issue. I'd like to replace them and only find them one place online using the info from the service manual. Do you know of a more readily available replacement or have the specs so I can look? Any advice in general for this unit is also most welcome!
    hey Tom,

I need my Harman Kardon PM660 serviced, and I was referred to you. Please let me know if you are able/willing.

Thank you
    Dear Tom, I would like to have your opinion, for my Klipschorn speakers,
    regardingg Sansui, G or AU? Can I speak to you via email? pasgal at gmail.
    Caro Tom, vorrei avere un tuo consiglio, per le mie Klipschorn al riguardo di Sansui, G o AU? Posso parlare con te via email? pasgal at gmail.
    Good day Tom, I noticed a post today that stated you refurbed a Yamaha CT 7000B tuner. Is this so?
    Reason being, I am looking for a tech to refresh and update a pristine CT 7000. If this is not something you would be interested in can you recommend a tech or shop?
    Thanks, Alan M. from Tallahassee.
    Tom, I noticed from a post you are familiar with Pioneer QX949 receivers. I have one I bought brand new while overseas in the USAF in 1973. It functions but I think I needs to be serviced as the sound quality is not as good as it used to be. Do you do this work or can you recommend a shop you trust. I plan to keep this unit for life for sentimental reasons.
    Thanks for considering
    Greg Stone
    Erisarep@aol.com
    I enjoyed the beach for the summer of 2019, but the beach club for 2020 is looking a little iffy. But I am still vertical, and healthy
    Greetings Tom I own the Pioneer QX 747 it's 4 channels sounds great but there's a hiss sound coming out after a couple of hours of listening music and the hiss sound is there specially on the rear channels even if I turn down the volume at full. Please let me know if you can fix that problem.. the unit is almost mint condition and I want it to play as it should. My email is ledtekpr@gmail.com. Thank you
    Tom,
    I had a quad system in the 70s with a ax-747. After years of hard work it died so I went stereo. I decided to put a quad system together so I can listen to my quad albums again. I picked up what was supposed to be a refurbished and working ax-949 on ebay. CD-4 seems to work fine but when I tried an sq album I got all kinds of loud noises along with some music. Thoughts?
    Thanks
    Hi Tom
    I have a Pioneer SX1080 receiver that needs service, has not been used in the past 4 years. In very good condition. I live in The Bronx so I can drive down.
    Also ca i run 4 ohm speakers on this unit it is 8 ohm. was thinking about Totem speakers but they are 4 ohm
    Best Denis
    Tom B
    Tom B
    I sent you a pm
    Hey Tom,

I'd like you to do a QX-949 restoration. Please contact me. Unit is working and in very good shape.
    Tom B
    Tom B
    Hi,
    I sent you a PM
    Hi Tom, well....? Are you considering mailing? I'm in Oregon (97703)). Cheers, Tim
    Hi Tom, I read a post that mentioned you as a knowledgeable technician.I was wondering if your able to work on my Sansui G8000,I work in Sunset Park so meeting up would convenient. Thanks Nick
    Sitaras1@yahoo.com
    Wow!! Almost November 2018 and still vertical, waiting on Summer 2019 to go back to my beach club and listen to my 8 Tracks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom