rich121
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I had to make a "puller" to take the motor apart.
    What I remember, is I drilled about a 3/4" hole in the middle of a piece of plywood about 6"x6", then I needed to mount 4 bolts (something like 3"x#10).
    I think the spindle side of the motor fit through the hole in the plywood.
    The rest, I don't remember, sorry... I take a chronic pain medication that messes with my short term memory.
    I hope you can figure it out from there.
    I am sure the motor is fine, it's somewhere in the control circuitry.
    You should be able to figure it out, try posting here also..

Rick
    Rick, I'm still researching the PL-90 problem. I've got the service manual, but it is only the circuit diagrams and pattern layouts. Nothing specific. I've removed the motor and circuit board and don't see anything obvious. There are three IC's which could cause the problem or it could be in the motor itself. The magnetic pad glued to the bottom edge of the rotor is loose and needs regluing and I need to seperate the rotor from the motor. Do you remember how you did it? It looks like you managed it without doing any damage and any help would be appreciated. The turntable made it here in good condition and I really hope I can get it up and running.

Thanks,

Bruce
    Thanks for the info Rick. I found a service manual on line yesterday and ordered it. the turntable and the manual will probable both get here about the same time next week. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Badger
    Hello,
    It has been a couple years since I took it apart, so my memory is kinda fuzzy... I remember checking connections, tracing to the switch pad.
    I'm sorry, it's been so long (2.5 years) I don't remember clearly... I'm pretty sure the motor is ok, it's just something downstream..sensor, or something.
    I would post about it, as there are a couple other knowledgeable people about this player.
    Here are some email addresses of other PL-90 owners:

fareed.jam@sympatico.ca

JSEIBER1@columbus.rr.com

patb08@hotmail.com

I bought from Ebay without dust cover...and it only worked for a short time before the problem, then I bought a different table.
    I hope something I wrote helps.

Keep me posted about your progress, it is a beautiful turntable and very nice sounding, I was so disappointed when it stopped working properly.

Have a great day,

Rick
    Hi, Rick. I just bought your PL-90 on ebay. I wondered how far you got fixing the problem. Obviously it's still there; but what did you try so I don't waste time doing something you've already tried. Did you recheck the motor windings for a sensor or look for broken wires? I'm still looking for a service manual, but in the mean time, I've got a manual for a PLC-590 and a faulty PD1001A chip can cause the exact problem you described. Hope that's the cause, but if it all started immediately after the work you did, I may be out of luck. I'd appreciate any information you could provide. Oh, and what happened to the dustcover?
    Badger
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom