Vintage TX
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello,

I saw in an older post that you have the service manual for the Sony TC-355. I have looked online and have seen them for sale but they vary in price from $20.00 and up. What do you think is a fair price to pay for a service manual? Can you recommend a place to purchase this manual? Any help is appreciated.

Thank for your time,
    Ron
    I am new to this forum and do not understand how to move around but trying. I need some help with a RT 707 I am restoring. Got the time. I was in a thread with some other guys and they told me I needed to talk to a professional in the reel department.
    Hi

Your name was suggested by someone on the Audio Asylum tape forum as someone who might be able to assist me. I have recently acquired a old Otari MX 5050 B 2HD. I managed to get the machine working again with some cleaning, lubricating and a bit of solder.

I need 2 parts that seems not to be common. The one is the dust cap for the capstan lubrication point, the other is the felt washer normally found under this dust cap. My deck misses these parts. I am hoping that you might have a parts deck somewhere in your collection and be willing to part with those components at a reasonable price. I am also looking for a pair of NAB adapters for the Otari as mine is badly worn.

I will appreciate assistance here immensely, even if it is just pointing me in the right direction. I have contacted Otari's email listed on their website but have not received a response yet.

Regards
    Johann Muller
    Cape Town
    South Africa
    Hello Vintage TX, I was wondering if you had any room to restore 2 RT-909's at the moment...pustelniakr recommended you...worse case scenario cost maybe too? (i.e. capstan burnout, brake pads etc.) Thanks J
    Good evening,

I am trying to troubleshoot a X20R (and I seek the service manual). ozric your name gives me a chance as any eventuellemnt may have documentation on this device.

thank you in advance
    Hello,
    I noticed from previous posts that you own or did own a Teac 35-2 reel to reel..
    I am very anxious to purchase a very nice condition one also.. and was wondering what your thoughts are about this machine?
    My main use would be in a hi-end audio system, so playback quality is important.
    The 35-2 does have a couple problems, but I have talked the seller down to $100, so I am hoping after talking with some people familiar with it, that it would be a worthwhile investment.. I would take it to a local Tech and have him go completely through it, replacing caps and resisters as needed and calibrating the machine.
    Your thoughts, suggestions and knowledge are greatly appreciated...

I look foreward to your correspondence,

Rick Fine
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom