johnfalc
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi john

Thanks for the message.
    Will source one of the pot from Aliexpress which is very cheap and replace the worm gear assy
    Thanks and rgds
    Shree
    Aloha from Hawaii!
    I worked for Pacific Stereo from about 1972 until about 1974 down in Emeryville. I was the co-designer of the Lab Standard line and updated the Quadraflex line (added the wood bar) and designed the crappy Transaudio line. I am, however, most proud of my work on the Spectrasonic receivers. Do you know where I could get one???
    Gary Banks
    Hi John, Michael George here. It was brought to my attention (by Mike Sonleitner) that you had asked when I worked for Pacific Stereo. Sorry, I stopped checking that message thread. I worked from August 24, 1974 until May of '85. My last position was service manager at LS central service in Anaheim from '80 to '85. I worked for Phil Takaya. I remember your name... I probably still have some paper work with your name on it. I saved some of the reference material I had accumulated over the years. I'm still living on Orange county CA. I just recently gave away my parent's Calibre 225 and cassette deck to a co-worker. They still work though the cassette had to have a new belt and the idlers are getting a bit gummy. Regards, Mike George
    John...
    Apparently the schematics for the 919 you have are the ones that were included with the owners manual. They are incomplete. If you purchase a full service manual, it will include the whole shootin' match. Good luck!
    Hi - fun to see this group and the couple of references to Pacific Stereo where I worked for 10 years in a wide range of capacities. Any other "alums" here? John Falconer (still in the SF Bay Area by the way)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom