Tripqzon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Thats one fine system. Always wanted the 1.5. Although the 1.0 is suposed to be a better amp in many ways. I love my PSB-11. Nice tuner.
    Paul,

I have alot of respect for the Carver Preamps and the C-1 is one of the best Paul -and people love the C-2 even more. My C-4000 is full featured but I leave it flat and rarely if ever use the effects on it but thats because I am evaluating my new speakers and CD player without any color added to the sound. I would l ove to get a nice C1 someday.
    Great to know you Paul! I am having as much fun as you are. Its really great to meet some friendly people here at AK.
    Awesome! Glad to hear it. Have you tried to disassemble the switch? You may be able to rescue it depending on how it looks internally.
    So I found the problem with the Sanyo reciever.

It's the power switch.

Basically, we just had a brownout, and the pioneer, which was blasting the acoustic version of The Eagles - Hotel California let out the *exact* same noise the Sanyo was making, and it didn't matter where the volume was. Then it occured to me that the Sanyo's power switch hadn't been working right. It'd always flicker as I hit the switch and it was getting worse.

Yay for it being something simple! Now to find another power switch and bust out the soldering iron...
    Glad to hear you're not junking it. I suspect it may have something to do with whatever the original problem was years ago when one of the transistors got so hot that it burned and lifted some foil trace off the board. As I told you when you bought it my soldering skills at the time when the unit overheated left something to be desired. I think I was probably 15 or 16 years old.
    I believe you did too, If I can find my portfolio where I put it that is. I just moved again...ugh...and I've got another move in less than a year. U-G-H. At least that one will be to a place I'd actually like to be (aka Pennsylvania). I tossed an inquiry in vintage solid state as well, so we'll see. I hope I can fix it. Don't worry, though, I won't be getting rid of it, so it's not going to get junked or anything.
    Well the Plus 55 quit on me last night. :(

Loud hum/buzz from the speakers. Otherwise it's fine, though; power meters register and all that. I'm depressed now.
    Hi Paul. I am feeling fine but my ears are still partially blocked (thanks for asking). It's really driving me crazy ... esp since I get my new tube amps tonight. I have decided NOT to hook them up until my hearing is perfect again.

Re the Sunfire, I have hooked it up. Still cannot comment on the sound, but you are right, it's a beast - nearly the size of my SX950 next to which it is placed. The design has grown on me. Very substantial. And I accidentally discovered that the input indicator lights double as buttons; you push one, it turns blue (from orange) - very cool.

Coincidentally, I was looking for a Yamaha C-2x before I bought the Sunfire, and one just listed and was sold here on AK for $450 ... I have no idea how the Sunfire stacks up against that venerable C-2x, but I have to believe it's comparable, and my Sunfire cost less. Can you hear the rationalization happening here???

Will keep you posted. have a good day,
    Rob.
    Hey Steve,

What's happening my friend?
    Strawman
    Strawman
    I had a stroke in 2009. Been kicking around!:)
    Tripqzon
    Tripqzon
    That really sucks! I'm glad to hear you are still kicking. I still have the PL-117D you gave my mother way back when. She got rid of all her vinyl so I'm using it in my 2nd system. Still works great.
    Strawman
    Strawman
    I was wondering what happened to that! Paul, I still have the case you made from my Marantz model 115 tuner. Good times!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom