beatcomber
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi there (Glen?), I apologize for reaching out to you unsolicited, but I live nearby (Tewksbury) and saw a post indicating that you have some experience with turntable repair/set-up. I'm a relative novice audiophile, but I do have some idea as to what I'm doing. I can elaborate on my issue at further length, if you're available. My guess is that it's a fairly simple fix, as my tone arm is jumping toward the middle (either bent stylus or issue with anti-skate?). Please let me know if you'd have some time to take a look at it. I appreciate the time, hope you're doing well!

Regards,
    Darryl
    Hi - I am just about ready to pick up an Empire 208, in gold tone. I have a
    SME 3009 series II arm I'd like to mount on it, I wondered if you had time if you'd take some measurements of how far into the plinth you enlarged your mounting hole, and really, absolutely any tips you can think of beyond the sand, polish, belt and mortite would be much appreciated. I'm afraid I'll end up with 2 destroyed pieces if I don't try to find out as much as i can before delving head first. My first engine rebuild was, well, not entriely successful...... boom!

Thanks,

Kevin
    Your problem with your Technics headshell with
    center screw is that you have the mounting plate
    backwards. Turn it completely around. You will get
    more forward movement to mount your Shure M97xE.
    I have the same headshell and had no trouble
    mounting my Shure M97xE.
    I saw your magnavox record player online while trying to find out information on the one I just purchased yesterday. Let me tell you yours is in amazing shape. Mine not too bad. I'm in the process of trying to get information on it to fix it. I get electricity and the tubes are lit and the speakers have sound and the needle works but the turntable doesn't turn. Any suggestions? Like I said I just got it and I haven't cleaned it or tried anything as of yet. I mainly wanted to comment on yours.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom