OscarEmmy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Howdy- so sorry for not getting back to you sooner- busy and haven't been online in a while.

1) I have rewired these arms- not a hard arm to do. Take it off the table and just remember how the base goes back in in relation to positioning of gears, levers, etc. Otherwise, very easy to do.

2) I like Litz wire and use it often. You can get the kits from England for cheap- $20 or under. Your other option is buy Cardas from Kevin at KAB USA- he uses it to rewire Technics arms. The stuff lately seems to be more compliant than before. I've had very, very mild "ghost" anti-skate issues in the past- read on:

3) I've never screened it. I braid it about 1/2 to 2/3rds from collet, then stop- too much braiding causes resistance and can lead to mild "anti-skate" elements- this is actually possible I've recently read with bending the wires outside of the top-mounted VPI arms.

too much braiding causes the wire to act as a type of torsion spring.

Good luck!
    Hello,

I have a Sony 2250 and would like to by-pass all the electronics and run the motor with an motor controller made by Nottingham, is this possible? The motor has 6 cables coming out of it. 2 magenta, 1 green, 1 strippy black/white, 1 strippy green/White.

Please contact me at cr@cesarrubio.com if you have a chance.

Thanks,

César
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom