vinylisfinal
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I may have a Garrard lined right up for you after the Dual. Its my Garrard DD75(are you familiar with them?). Its the cueing...a common problem, plus one or two small items. Its a mint table for a relic, but its got a couple of issues. Hope you will help me out.
    Lester B.
    Hello Vinylisfinal. I picked up your name from the turntables forum. I have a Dual CS 1246 that appears to need servicing. The auto tone-arm doesn't quite reach the edge of the 33rpm record from rest. I am in NYC so I will need to ship it to your location. Let me know; Thanks.
    Dave, here's a link to a Vinyl Engine thread. Guy looking for advice re: platen polishing. I post a pic of your work. Also, I post a thread in Turntables here on AK entitled Great Dual Refurb. I hope you'll get something out of it -- at least more of my appreciation! John Scharon
    Hi- Local guy in Maple Heights -also an original owner of a Sansui 9090DB. Saw on AudioKarma you might be the guy to talk to about getting my unit repaired. Can you HELP me find a good place maybe in Ohio ? Would imagine it cost a fortune to move these unit's about

Please
    Rich D
    vinylisfinal
    vinylisfinal
    we do repair work on these. we are located in Bedford at 679 Broadway ave. The Vinyl Groove Records and Hi-Fi. we can be reached at 440-439-8371
    Hi, I posted some queastions in this forum over my newly arrived 1959 Voice of Music 2-channel amp and you mentioned you have recapped one very similiar. Have u played it after that and with what preamplifier if I can ask ? There was another member inform me that I cannot just play it with any preamp and so I have try to find the modell-number on this amp to see from wich consol it was originally coming from.
    You mentioned something about 1448. But is that not a receiver or so..?
    If you have time to give me some advice over how I can play with this amp ( I cant wait to hear it ! ) i would be very happy. Maybee I can just try with my Heathkit preamp and connect my 8 Ohm Coral boxes and see if that works ?

Best regards and Happy New Year from Bengt in Sweden ( Judde2 )
    i took the reddy kilowatt tube from an old 1930's ad. as far as tube type i dunno, looks like a 213 or 45 to me.. like the ink! analog is my way to go. david
    Welcome to AK! I notice in your avatar while in the Commemorating the death of analog TV thread; looks like I'm not the only one to put my hobby in the form of ink! In my case, it's a 1955 Federal Thunderbolt air raid siren with a supercell thunderstorm in the background. Is that a particular tube type in yours? My other (and probably dominant) hobby is restoring Cold War era air raid sirens, hence the tattoo... If I get another, it will be tube-related (but not a theft of yours in any way)

i will post pics of my vom push pull el84 amp. i am in the midst of a recap and beauty process. i love how the nickle chasis shines!
    welcome to AK! i joined your social group. i have a VOM model 668 console. Great idea for a group!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom