silverlord
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Chris,
    Yes I still have the AM-7040, and I love it. It has effortless power and sounds very musical to me.It has to be Sherwood's best amp. I have the manual to it and the fixed position on the amp is for when you are controlling the amp with a pre-amp volume control, the variable control is for when you want to hook up a cd player etc. directly to the amp and you use the rotary controls on the front of the amp to control the volume and balance.
    The power rating is 200 watts per channel either A or B (but not both at the same time) at .04% distortion at 8 ohms and 320 watts RMS into 4 ohms and is rated at 650 watts into 2 ohms! It is a very stout piece.
    Frequency response is 5 to 150Khz at -3 db.
    You should be very happy with this unit. If you have any other question, be sure and let me know!
    Mike
    hey i just pu a sherwood am-7040.i saw on an older thread that you had posted you had one at one time, just curiose do you still have it ? and what is your opinion of it overall ?

i also have what i hope is not a dumb question but as i don't have a manual for mine, what is the fixed and variable button for, is it designed to be used for example in the the variable position for when using volume control on a receiver or pre amp ?

also it is rated at 200 watts per channel, does that mean it is 200 watts to each speaker or as it has four speaker hookups is it 100 watts per speaker if you know what i mean.

sorry to bother you with this but i tried to do internet searches for this info and there is hardly any info to be found on this unit so i appreciate any info you can give me, i just purchased it and will not be receiving it probably till some time next week -chris
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom