drknstrmyknight

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello: Hope you don't mind a PM. I noticed that you owned an S-C ASR880 and wondered if you have done any work on it. I have owned two, my current is absolutely beautiful. However, it is also STOCK, which means that the innards are 45-plus years old. It still sounds good, but I know it is ready for some upgrading and some of the pots are scratchy. I assume that you completed your planned swap to 7591xyz tubes. Did you have to make modifications to accommodate? Any feedback appreciated. Glad to make your acquaintance.
    Regards, Roy rskaggs001@centurytel.net
    Good morning,

I have been trying for some time to get info on the x-overs for my w70s.

There are two caps of different values in each but only one is connected to anything. There is an original looking metal can type (oil?) 4uf that is not connected and the one that is connected is a 7uf. Do have a diagram or can you describe the x-overs? Any help would be much appreciated. They sound good as they are but I'm anxious to get them up to snuff.

Thanks,

John
    I didn't even notice that there was a friends feature on this forum. I am still fumbling around here but having fun
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom