Gregory
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi, read some of your posts, thanks. I have a set of ML1Cs with the MQ101, wondering if you have an opinion about moving to the XR16s. RR wrote saying the imaging would be better, but do you have an opinion about the overall sound? I realize that choice is kind of personal, but I sure could use some advice. Thx.
    Also, one of the meter needles does not rest at the zero line. How do I get to the meter adjustment screw to reset the needle to zero? I can live with the minor scratches on the chassis and transformer labels but things like a bent chassis cross my obcessive threshold.

In a more minor note, the AC socket is cracked (I've seen many like this). Have you replaced one? Do you have to drill out the rivets or can you bend the little internal brackets to remove it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John Lovda
    Canton, OH
    Hello:
    Sorry i can't tell you if I am selling one of my amps yet but I need your expertise. Today I received an MC2205 that I bought on ebay and had sent directly to Terry Dewick. It was noted in the ad that there was no output and Terry replaced one output transistor and several burned out resistors. He also recapped it and cleaned it up. However, sometime in the past, this amp was dropped on the front bottom edge. The front of the chrome chassis is bent upward one or two degrees along the front edge of all the transformers so all the knob shafts are angled upwards and the main front bracket holding the meters is leaning backwards by the same angle. What is involved to remove this meter bracket?

Message contd.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom