A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Augy:
    I just saw your message. I got really lucky and got the last two original new diaphragms at the Speaker Exchange. I discovered that the previous owner of my Gammas had bypassed the circuit breakers and protection diodes in the crossover. I put it all back to stock. Also, I probably have been underpowering the speakers - VTL Compact 100's on the tops. Sweet sounding amps, but not much headroom. I'm shopping for amps, so if you know someone interested in my VTL's, let me know. They are absolutely wonderful on Magnepans. I use a QSC pro amp on the woofers- ~400watts/channel.
    Thanks for checking in, and Merry Christmas!
    Dave
    Hey -- I live in Newton. Dave's a good guy and pretty much the only tech I trust because he knows his stuff including extensive history of audio design for a number of companies. Have you "done" any of the AK New England gatherings?
    The 2700 was released in 1990 as a pro version of the CDP-X33ES/55ES consumer players. It's a very nice machine and still has the laser available (at least until recently). It sold for quite a bit back then and of course can be rackmounted. The companion DAT player was the PCM-2700/2700A.
    Hey man, yeah I remember you. What ones did you get that you don't like and are selling. I might be interested in a few of them. I've been spending too much money lately on post rock band's LP's. I just got Russian Circles - Stations LP and it is amazing. I'm really into the whole post rock music scene lately.

What new albums have you gotten that have become some of your favorites?
    Good hearing from you.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom