sanford12
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi - I read a post you did about Canton Karat 300 speakers. I have a pair that I just took out of storage and wanted to use in my apartment. Could I ask what speaker stands you got and what height you found works best for them? I also have a subwoofer and am not sure where to put it!

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Paul in Maryland
    P
    PaulMaryland
    Thanks again... I actually have a two Large Advents that I purchased from a guy who recapped them. I'm planning to move sometime in the next year, so I thought I would try out these old Cantons I had in storage in the meantime, because they are so compact. Maybe I'm better off selling them, and just bringing the Advents here to the apartment.. I just need a strong back to get them up the stairs.
    sanford12
    sanford12
    If your going to move I'd get the Cantons recapped. Had a pair of Large Advents. I think the Cantons are much better. Their size is deceptive. The Cantons also sound better than either the B&W 704's and KEF Q950's I owned. I've had a lot of speakers. The Cantons are special.
    P
    PaulMaryland
    Makes sense to get the Cantons recapped... to compare and see which I like better. I've never had speaker recapped. Where do you find someone reputable to do that? Craigslist?

On the other hand you remarked that an apartment you would go for near field listening and that the Karats wouldn't be good for that? Any suggestions in the $1000 price range?
    Hey bud,
    Just thought I'd give you a holler.How's things? Everything is good here,my daughter started college this summer.the Illinois Inst. of art and she loves it. Hope it;s all good with you,Merry Xmas DAVE
    Wow I didn't even check the date. It was new to me. I really wasn't trying to freak you out. I would have thought the same thing(What the heck). But I can always use a new friend and better late than never.
    Hey bud,what brought this on? It's cool but my last message to you was last x-mas.Were you thinking about it this long and finally decided it was safe?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom