Search results

1. H

Stromberg Carlson

Since no one answered my question on my tube tuner. I'll ask here. I have a problem with my tuner. it worked great for a few weeks after I got it. Now it won't pull in stations as well and when I tap the tuner I hear a loud thud through the audio signal. when I wiggle the antenna wire...
  2. H

What's Your Favorite Tuner?

Mine was my Stromberg Carlson. Now it isn't working so well. my second favorite is my Motorola preamp tuner with the round tuning dials.
  3. H

stromberg Carlson

I am about to explode. I got this Stromberg Carlson tuner. and lastnight I was listening to my favorite station.. Now it won't come in very good at all antenna is hooked up and everything sounded great. now when i walk away it gets faded and out of tune. it is driving me nuts. I tapped on...
  4. H

Sony TA-F6B amp help needed

If I may ask a basic question as my curiosity has gotten the better of me.. what kind of transformer does that unit have?? is it oil filled or something. i have never ever seen a transformer with what looks like a cast aluminum enclosure with all those screws. weird. just weird.
  5. H

Does anybody recognize this cassette mechanism?

Looks to be a Pioneer transport. It looks a lot like the mechanism that was in an old Dictaphone answering machine. which was made by pioneer
  6. H

POWER AMPS, the coolest, craziest power amps ever

quite nice and clean inside. fairly empty and not confused or busy. No fans either. cool .amp.
  7. H

I found a picture of my amp here is it. God I miss that amp
  8. H

I did have a Crest I got with the fan intake from the side. so the heatsink ran across the middle of the amp. it had two double bobbin transformers and it had four beer can sized caps in the back of the amp it had three covers on it one over the transformers in the front one over the heatsink...
  9. H

I am a PROUD owner of a nice Crest FA 1201. and it is everything good but light. it is HEAVY and built to Mil Specs in my opinion. I also love the sound of it. i am always on the lookout for these.
  10. H

This comes to mind..... Scroll down to the power amp and preamp... I am going to build this if it's the last thing i ever do!!!! http://coppersteam.com/
  11. H

Ever seen or heard an Eric?

What kind of domicle do you live in. I noticed the torazal floor that unit is sitting on yes looks likeca kit amp to me
  12. H

Leaving gear on.

I was 19 years old and this girl and I were rehearsing. She asked me to put a tape on the stereo and wanted me to hear it and we practiced the song till we learned it (new grass revival song) and it was bed time and being a good steward of resources and being taught by my parents to turn off...
  13. H

Leaving gear on.

I have a question.. is it better to leave power amps on 24/7 or is it better t turn them off when done listening? I had a friend who's husband yelled at me when i turned off his power amp and preamp (old school Crown) She apologized to me since I didn't know his policy on his gear. That...
  14. H

I can't win

The only way to ship anything. is to take a measure of the item you ship.. get a box that is big enough. Go to lowes Menard's Home Depot , etc. and get two inch foam insulation. That green stuff. Then line the whole box with that stuff. pack the item with bubble wrap so it can't move. then...
  15. H

CD vs. DVD Player...

I am what you would call and "audio enthusiast" meaning I am not an audiophile where everything has to be perfect or a certain way. I am of a person that wants a certain sound and if I like the sound of a DVD player versus a bagillian dollar tube this or that. I don't care. I stick with it...
  16. H

Console customization

thanks !
  17. H

Console customization

The original setup was a magnavox imperial with a sick tuner. If itvwasxa stromberg carlson i would have left it original. The tuner i bought in barter town as i always wanted one. I have a tuner fettish
  18. H

Console customization

Yes its a stromberg carlson tuner i want the matching amp. Got one i am saving up for. I am usi g the mixer as a preamp and sounds really good
  19. H

Console customization

Here is my console customization I am trying out the radio shack equipment. it's not McIntosh. but sounds a lot better than the stock tuner and all. Trying to get into console building and getting better and better. opinions?? thanks
  20. H

Auction site prices way to high.

this is one of many many reasons why I absolutely DETEST HATE LOATHE ABHOR!!!!!!!!!GREEDbay and I wish to God that it will die like compuserve.
  21. H

Webcor Squire

Thanks I will pass on it then. I appreciate your responses. Thanks again
  22. H

Webcor Squire

Is a Webcor Squire a decent deck??? is it high Fidelity?? thanks so much
  23. H

Capheart console?

GREED GREED GREED.... I would pass and find a better deal.
  24. H

This looks like a fair deal in springfield

TOO LATE I grabbed it. SORRY,,,.. No I am just teasing. I always wanted to say that. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! though I live near Springfield Mo... I can't afford it as i am working a few deals on here. I think it is a great deal and you should grab it.
  25. H

Pilot 654 receiver

What would be the going rate for a Pilot 654 receiver that is recapped
Back
Top Bottom