Search results

1. Augjer

Impedance? Jensen Unax / RCA angled custom cabs

Reputable source has informed me that the overall impedance is most likely 16 ohm in series.
  2. Augjer

Impedance? Jensen Unax / RCA angled custom cabs

Hi guys! Found these guys but cannot easily test impedance... Plus have RCA jacks :boink: But seems like they should have good tone... If I knew they were 8 ohm or above (which I assume they are) I could safely plug into my HK 330C. But for the online record - any ideas? Woofer = 16 ohms...
  3. Augjer

Integrating a Subwoofer into 2 channel Question

OH - here, get a stereo to mono RCA adaptor and get the signal from both R/L channel pre-outs, (the cable sums L/R) - then you get the bass info from both L/R of the recording. Sorry, I thought this was how you had it already, yes -dumptruck is right - the bass is generally centered, thus I...
  4. Augjer

IS "Bass Obsession" deeply influenced by the type of music one listens to?

I think frequency response is more important, along with definition. But it is nice to feel the different tones reverberate my chair differently - even with jazz ;) Also to answer your question more, I think different styles of music rely on bass more, so if you enjoy those types, bass...
  5. Augjer

Also the pre-out is giving all of the signal to the sub, which may not be as good as if your amp had an external crossover, which would send only information below a certain frequency to the sub, and then only sending the higher frequencies to the satellites. The sub unit should have a built-in...
  6. Augjer

There are stereo-mono sum devices that have been made - but you are missing possibly 1% and that is more from only having one sub, not from the loss from the RCA simple sum IMO.
  7. Augjer

The Dust Line. What's the solution?

Dear Meggy, Let's say you have a VERY clean record, like right after an RCM treatment (if you have one). Assumed new plastic inner. Static charge and floating particulate in the air are always going to be a problem, (especially if you rack dry your just cleaned records after the wash like I...
  8. Augjer

JICO VN5xMR vs VN5xMR-SAS - differences?

I had the SAS for a few weeks - it was way more finicky with regard to TT set-up and you'll hear everything, so better have some clean records... great HF sounds. if you really like how the original MR performs, you may be happy with the Jico micro ridge - I went ahead and bought a new OG...
  9. Augjer

ID Stereo in Daft Punk Teaser?

Anyone think they got it for sure? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr12u1tk_rM&feature=youtu.be I'm going with Mac amps or custom pro audio, Rega TT... BTW the whole album is streaming iTunes and is a future funk album, not really electro-dance like they were doing before. Pretty slick.
  10. Augjer

SAS 7A preamp nudies..

Is there perhaps a lower gain tube you could use? (ex 5751/12AX7)?
  11. Augjer

MOG Maximum Fav Limit - 600

FYI - MOG will start to delete your previous initial favorites once you reach 600 favorites (I'm using the MAC desktop app). This is a problem for me because I've used the favorites tab as a sort of personal digital catalog since most of my music is CD/vinyl... I don't think this limit is...
  12. Augjer

Effects of running incorrect voltage

I hate flickering lights - get the fish tanks on car batteries...? I never run anything that has a high momentary current draw while the stereo is on (disposal, washing machine, vacuum, ect.). What you are hearing is probably mental, the Monster probably shut down before any damage could have...
  13. Augjer

Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves...

Burn the system, save the source!
  14. Augjer

How loud is loud/

+1 hearing loss prevention.
  15. Augjer

A question or two for the cooks here.

I was waiting for someone to ask for the recipe....
  16. Augjer

Question About Sleeve City Record Sleeves

Poly is the only thing that will be touching the records. Personally I like the ones with sandwiched paper on both sides b/c they are easier to manipulate and sturdier - but may be hard to get in tight outer sleeves. Great company, great products.
  17. Augjer

Escaping Apple's iron curtain.

Check the settings apple has a stereo blend that may be in effect
  18. Augjer

If the Stylus Skates Across the Label

Try taking the lid off just for kicks...
  19. Augjer

If the Stylus Skates Across the Label

Second
  20. Augjer

Shure M91ED/SAS vs. M97eX?

Second the PUNCH P.S. you better have some clean-a$$ records
  21. Augjer

New Bookshelf Speakers

I love Paradigm stuff...
  22. Augjer

ID: Most likely junk

Look like Polks without badges? - they have nicer binding posts than most white van stuff, but may be part of a larger HT set-up or custom.
  23. Augjer

In need of a power conditioner under $200

why wouldn't you want to plug the amp in?
Back
Top Bottom