Search results

1. holysocks

Can my MA6100 drive XR-5's with an MQ??

I still remember the first time I heard the system with my MQ104, the difference is VERY noticeable! From time to time friends that come over will ask "what's that thing?". The MQ104 is a highly polished stainless and really grabs the attention. I can show them right there just how much of a...
  2. holysocks

Can my MA6100 drive XR-5's with an MQ??

It has been a long time since I've seen this thread!! I can say that my MA6100, XR-5s, and MQ104 are playing quite nicely with each other still. I haven't swapped in/out capacitors from the capacitor kit as I don't have a room EQ system to analyze any peaks/valleys and my ears are not good...
  3. holysocks

Ma6200 LED conversion kit

I used northridge electronics and was very happy with my purchase. I posted some photos at the end of this thread. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ma6100-with-led-conversion.705523/
  4. holysocks

Coffehouse audio

The Sightglass in SoMa also had a full vintage McIntosh system last time i was there (which was a while ago) with Bose 901's hanging from the ceiling.
  5. holysocks

Restoring beat up receiver side panels...

looking fantastic!
  6. holysocks

Which speakers are you using with your McIntosh integrated amp?

My MA-6100 drives McIntosh XR5 speakers
  7. holysocks

MA6100 with LED conversion

Installing the kit was extremely simple and I'm so glad to have finally upgraded to LEDs. Several years ago my father took the amp to a non Mc tech, who put the wrong bulbs in the speaker selection lights and it burned the chassis around the bulb housing. The MA6100 has since visited Terry...
  8. holysocks

I went back to the site and realized I hadn't entered the "store" by clicking the store button. Found the kit and ordered it! This has been on my todo list for some time, many thanks!
  9. holysocks

That looks very clean. What did the kit cost?
  10. holysocks

Who got that Mitsubishi stack on philly cl

So does anyone know who got the Mitsubishi stack?? I want to see pics!
  11. holysocks

CD Transport - emperor's new clothes?

This is a very timely question for me, as I don't own a CD player of any sort (besides a USB CD ROM) and I just inherited a few hundred CDs in excellent condition. I have an external DAC so I figured any old CD player with optical out will do me the trick. Of course, nothing is ever that simple...
  12. holysocks

Robin Williams 1980 Stereo ID

this must be the red room. "well stacked stereo" where are the speakers??
  13. holysocks

Do You Enjoy Pipe Tobacco With Your Audio

The gold standard is Briar, and we've made a few briar pipes which come out awesome. Though briar is pricy so we also use Maple, Walnut, Mulberry, and Cherry. I have read that any fruit wood will do nicely as a pipe. I plan to make some from Olive in the near future.
  14. holysocks

Do You Enjoy Pipe Tobacco With Your Audio

My dad and I make tobacco pipes in his home wood shop. We love to smoke a pipe and listen to sweet jams.
  15. holysocks

My new Flexy Rack!

wow you really did a nice job with that. i love a good diy build, and cable management is something i get real ocd about, so kudos to that foresight!
  16. holysocks

Making of my new Stereo and Vinyl Storage Unit

Looks awesome, fits perfectly, and i'm sure sounds fantastic.
  17. holysocks

Grado Factory Tour in Brooklyn (I Think I'm a Convert and I haven't even heard 'em)

I love Grado even more now. I knew they were located in Brooklyn, and that they were small staff, but I had no idea how small. The video displayed an authenticity few companies have, and I admire.
  18. holysocks

Yamaha NS1000M restore

Gorgeous!
  19. holysocks

Help on room setup

You don't have a ton of options given that your studio is your 'everything' space. I'd keep things the way you have now and perhaps tinker with acoustic treatments and sweet spot listening places.
  20. holysocks

Home Audio amp vs. Pro Audio amp

I have two pairs of Mackie HR824s and one pair of Mackie HR624s along with the HRS120 sub. It's pro audio gear and I love the sound for near field listening. Looks good, sounds good, must be good.
  21. holysocks

Daughter's First Set-Up

That is super cool! Her friends will come over and oogle her system begging to be the one to drop the needle or change the record. What a gift for her to ask you, and for you to be able to provide such a nice system, and with options!!! So what speakers did she choose?
  22. holysocks

My new garage system

I grew up listening to my dad's pair of late 70's Cerwin Vegas. I'd love a garage system like this one, I'd also love a garage while we're at it. Nice!
  23. holysocks

time for a glamour shot or two

I have the same tuner, I'd love to get my hands on a Mitsubishi DA preamp & amp. Never heard their sound before. Beautiful.
  24. holysocks

Starting a new system, need some advices

There are many many many options between $350-$600 for a pair of good speakers. Good luck!
  25. holysocks

You Don't See THIS Everyday!

would make for a good computer desk setup
Back
Top Bottom