Search results

1. sol7

My Yamaha "EAR" collection

I don't know about the speakers, but I'm digging the building.
  2. sol7

The Garrard Zero 100

Cool. I have 4 of them, all needing work. One is kind of a rare oddity, that I haven't found any reference of during my google searches. I should start a thread on it someday and post some pictures.....
  3. sol7

The Smaller Advent Refoam Fiasco

Good point. I have an amp that should be able to handle it, but will probably use two Carver amps.
  4. sol7

I need to remember to check out the drivers before refoaming... Luckily, I was able to pull the foam before the glue set in too much.
  5. sol7

Well, I was able to recover so maybe not a fiasco. Picked up some Smaller Advents a while ago and finally got around to replacing the foam. Got them cleaned and prepped while I waited for delivery. Foams arrived and now it was time to finally get these things fixed. Did the first woofer, using...
  6. sol7

Estate Sale Find! Cerwin Vega M-80 pair NIB

Just because they were in the plastic doesn't mean they were never used. If the box was still sealed with original tape/staples, then probably so. I would save everything when I bought new equipment. When I had to move (being in the military), it got packed up with all the original packing like...
  7. sol7

What You Did With Old Military Uniform?

Funny. I just pulled a pair of desert BDU pants out of the closet to wear tomorrow. Then get on here and see this thread....
  8. sol7

AR-3a Restoration-Latest.

Beautiful work as usual. I need to get back on my AR3 restoration. Need to get them done and out of the garage so I can do some spring cleaning.
  9. sol7

Heathkit AS-1348 speakers

The woofer is attached to the slot loaded board. The board is attached to the cabinet with the outer screws. Might be stuck to cabinet.
  10. sol7

Heath AS-1348 speakers: A Different Heathkit design

Did some quick research on those JBLs...Out of my price range. Maybe I'll find some at a garage sale.... :rolleyes: Well, at least you got somewhat good news with the Philips woofers. Sounds like they are in good hands. Hopefully they come back good as new.
  11. sol7

Did he start working on them while you were there? I like the style of the JBL's on top of the stack against the wall. What model is that?
  12. sol7

Did you get the original Philips woofers installed yet? Be interesting to see where they stand compared to the JBLs. How are you liking them with the Carver? I don't think I ever ran mine on any of the Carvers I have.
  13. sol7

Have you messed with the "Room/Wall" switch on the back? Notice and differences between the two? You need to put some power behind them. I ran mine with a Hitachi HMA8500 and Onkyo M504. The Onkyo seemed tighter with more punch, if I'm remembering correctly. That would be great if you can get...
  14. sol7

Black was definitely the way to go. I'm really liking the look. Might be a future project for mine. How do you like the grill material?
  15. sol7

I don't think you would go wrong with either color. Like you mention above, light linen cloth grills won't look right on these. Did you get the casters on them yet? I really should do that with mine. I'm getting too old for this heavy stuff.... P.S. I ordered samples from Huntley a while back...
  16. sol7

Do I Want Acoustat 1+1 Speakers?

Wait... you soaked the panels or socks?
  17. sol7

Congrats! That sucks about the woofers. Surrounds probably rotted, so they tossed the originals and bought the Daytons. I had to refoam my woofers when I got them. Have to let us know how the JBL drivers work out.
  18. sol7

I think they were straight up Heathkit designs. They did use all Philips drivers though. Well, at least the mids and tweeters. Can't remember about the woofer, but I'm pretty sure that was Philips also. Now I wan't to hook them up and listen to them....
  19. sol7

Geeze, it's been 11 years? Still have them, but it's been a while since I've listened to them. I liked them enough to still hang on to them. Here's a video of them from when I first got them. I wish the room still looked like that.... Video link
  20. sol7

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Sony X202ES> DBX CX2> Onkyo M504> Polk RTA-11T
  21. sol7

22. sol7

23. sol7

24. sol7

25. sol7

Sony X202ES> DBX CX2> Onkyo M504> Polk RTA-11T Trying to thin out the CD collection of stuff I'm not going to listen to.
Back
Top Bottom