Search results

1. ARguy

Polk Audio RTA 12 curb find

Well it's been awhile since I was on this site but I just had to relay this story. I was driving to the laundry mat early last Sunday morning when I passed some stuff sitting on the curb. As I approached I saw what looked like a pair of speakers of some size. I did a quick 180 and stopped in...
  2. ARguy

Do you leave your car at the gas pump when you go into the store?

In Badger country we leave 'em at the pump...it's rare to see anyone pump then park.
  3. ARguy

EPI 500's in the house – midrange foam?

nice catch!
  4. ARguy

Anybody have a Classic Mopar/IHC with the Original Carter Thermo-Quad?

I drove a '73 Duster with a 340 and a TQ on top...never liked that carb...nothing but problems. It did sound good when your foot was through the floor!
  5. ARguy

EPI M180 Speakers

I run two pair of 180's in my basement when I fall back to the days of disco and Donna Summer...they have plenty of tight bass!
  6. ARguy

Can anyone name this speaker?

Always buy first then ask the questions...it pays off in the long run...
  7. ARguy

EPI 100 questions

I have both types in my collection and really can't hear a difference...but I prefer the look of the gold ring type and usually collect those first but won't turn down the newer versions.
  8. ARguy

Do you catalog your LPs?

Database I use MS Office Access database. This allows me to search by virtually any key word I choose and print out reports sorted anyway I want them. I switched from Excel to Access when my collection grew over 4 figures.
  9. ARguy

picked this up for $20.00

Very nice!
  10. ARguy

Badgers vs Ohio State

And GO they did! Way to do it to #1 on national TV!!:thmbsp:
  11. ARguy

Badgers vs Ohio State

Good Luck Bucky! :thmbsp:
  12. ARguy

B&W's now being sold at Best Buy - Opinions Anyone?

I too have B&W speakers (DM14, DM220I & 801) and all were made in England. I'm wondering if the BB offerings are made there or in China? Hmmmm.
  13. ARguy

Corvette mechanic

Just checked out the site. Next time I'm in Madison I'll stop by and talk with them. Thanks for the heads up!
  14. ARguy

Teledyne-era AR18

The AR18 is a fine little speaker and works well with a set of AR9s in a surround or quad set up...but I prefer the AR7 myself.
  15. ARguy

Corvette mechanic

I'm looking for anyone that might know of a Corvette mechanic here in SE Wisconsin. I would prefer someone who only specializes on Corvettes but would consider a shop that works on classic cars too if they have done Corvettes in the past. I'm interested in both the mechanical and the body work...
  16. ARguy

Milwaukee audio stores that aren't around anymore

I have a 1975 TEAM Audio Products Catalog and a 1974 Schaak-Allied Radio Catalog. I'll post pictures later. I was very lucky to come across them.
  17. ARguy

Milwaukee audio stores that aren't around anymore

Lets not forget Playback audio stores. They were in Brookfield Square (where I worked for a short time), Mayfair Mall, Southridge and Northridge. They sold Pioneer, Altec Lansing, Phase Linear, Project One (house brand), EPI... Audio Emporium was always a favorite....they sold among other brands...
  18. ARguy

What would you choose for ALL USA made system?

Made in USA For vinyl only: AR XB turntable AR 9 & LST speakers Crown DC-300 amp Crown IC-150 preamp
  19. ARguy

AR Goodwill score

Very nice score. Enjoy!
  20. ARguy

Neil Young on Trademark of Quality Records

Ohio See The Sky About To Rain Don't Let It Bring You Down See The Girl Dance Sugar Mountain Old Men Journey Through The Past Heart of Gold A Man Needs A Maid The Needle And The Damage Done
  21. ARguy

It's Neil Young recorded live at Boulder Colorado. There is no date listed on the label.
  22. ARguy

Just wondering if anyone else has run across this label and what you make of it. I picked up this album at a rummage sale on Saturday for $2. Looks to be in near perfect condition. I've searched the web already but was hoping someone may have something to add. Thanks. Scott
  23. ARguy

College Basketball!

Good Luck Bucky! Once again the Badgers who weren't picked to do much of anything are back into the thick of it again. Now that John is back the Badgers should be worth watching...as they always are...Just as Duke!
  24. ARguy

I'm stoked!! My new "minty" ar3a's!!

Very nice! You should be pleased...
  25. ARguy

Blu-Ray Ownership Poll (Please Vote and Post)

I'll buy a Blu-ray when my stock of Sony Trinitrons bite the dust. I will upgrade to a flat screen tv and a new DVD player...but for now I'm hanging tough and staying away from jumping on the band wagon. Around here used 27-36" Trinitrons can be had for about $50 so It'll be awhile.
Back
Top Bottom