Search results

1. code46

B&K EX-442 Recap Project

A couple of years ago my B&K EX-442 started having some channel cutting issues and I stored it away. Now I'm hoping to recap it, set the bias and put it back into rotation.
  2. code46

The JBL L112 L-Pads

tldr: Can I put L-pads/pots into an ultrasonic cleaner using some “Simple Green Extreme Aircraft and Precision Parts Cleaner”? I want to thoroughly deep clean them and not have to think about them for at least 7-10 years:) background: I’ve had a Yamaha CA 2010 driving L112s for over a decade...
  3. code46

B-2 Parts

Hello all, hope I’m not cluttering up the board with this thread. I will have a break from teaching soon and hope to start looking over my B-2. Seller said one channel was noticeably weaker than the other but overall in great shape. I will do a cleaning of pots and check solder joints. I was...
  4. code46

Who swiped this Yamaha B-2?

Which audiokarma member: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-B2-MOSFET-Stereo-Amplifer-/264916317682 nm, it was me! I’ve joined the vfet club and hopefully doesn’t need a ton of work.
  5. code46

CA-2010 --> JBL L112s diagnosing left channel issues.

A little while ago, when playing music, the left channel started at times not coming on, or coming on with a much weaker output. If I start to increase the volume to louder levels, the left channel comes fully back to life. I've toggled the selector switches, the coupler switches, and not sure...
  6. code46

Yamaha M-60 post glue-cleanup (questions)

I bought one off of craigslist awhi le ago for a great price. It played fine but I knew the glue would have to be removed and I wanted to replace the binding posts. Just ordered 1/8" thick garolite from MMC recommended by Avionic. I mostly used 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner (MG...
  7. code46

Yamaha: CA-2010 vs M-60 + C-60

Which would you choose? CA-2010 VintageKnob M-60 C-60
  8. code46

NHB-108 clone (pics)

(crossposted to diyaudio) recently bought this one on an impulse buy from that auction site. a seller on the west coast who mentioned the following additional work on it: “a complete DIY audio Dartzeel Assembled Power Amplifier NHB108 with aluminum chassis, upgraded capacitors, 4 pieces of...
  9. code46

modern preamp (speaker protection) for vintage power amp

Is it dangerous to just output from a HifiBerry Pi, or a Squeezebox Touch, to a power amp?
  10. code46

yamaha ca-2010

bought this used several years ago, it had been serviced prior my purchasing. i opened it up because i’m experience scratchiness in my speakers and was going to put some Deoxit Fader lubricant into the volume/ balance as well as the input selector to see if that’s where the problem is. i...
  11. code46

B&K EX-442 or B&K M-200, which to keep?

Id love to keep both but space is an issue. I know they’re mostly the same. The EX-442 shows a 1990 date on a board, the M-200 1992. They sound the same.
  12. code46

Yamaha CA-2010 or CJ MF-2300

Hello folks, I'm wondering if there would be a sonic upgrade from my Yamaha CA-2010 to a Conrad Johnson 2300 power amp. Yamaha 120W CJ 240W Powering some JBL L112 speakers. Comomg from the 2010, no uptick at all, very little uptick or worthy successor of the the Yamaha 2010?
  13. code46

vintage yamaha ca-2010 -or- marantz PM6006

They'd be driving JBL L112s. WOuld the modern Marantz floor the vintage yamaha?
  14. code46

what is a good upgrade from Swans M200

Hello all, it's been some time since I've been in these parts or in search of new audio gear. I want to mention that the main 2.0 system I have, JBL L112s + Yamaha CA-2010, is due to all the knowledge that was shared from audiokarma some years back. I've owned the fairly large Swans M200...
  15. code46

JBL L112 - Hearing some scratchiness/distortion

*updated/Deoxit worked* JBL L112 - Hearing some scratchiness/distortion Need some advice from the speaker/L112 experts. My left JBL L112 seems to occasionally have some scratchiness/distortion and at times the volume sort of dips and comes back up. Is the 044 or LE5 crapping out? Man I hope...
  16. code46

DCR readings of (vintage) drivers.

I own a pair of JBL L112s. I recently decided to buy some spare drivers for them in case something ever goes wrong with any of them. I have to say the prices right now on the 'bay are on the high side, good time for JBL sellers. Well, what I was wondering about was the DCR reading. According...
  17. code46

Big vintage JBLs and speaker height/stands

I own a pair of L112s and I think I'd like to raise them up off the floor. I've searched AK and found some threads but I really want this one to be dedicated to speaker height for the big, vintage JBL speakers (L112, L100, Control Monitor...) and respective stands. These stands I know were sold...
  18. code46

Lots of dollars, but how much sense?

I know these use to cost $20 + $2.50 for shipping back in the 80s, "speaker-uppers": http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230591595917
  19. code46

Fluke Multimeter 77IV

Need some advice for a multimeter, specifically the Fluke 77IV. Would this multimeter be good enough for audio work (just received my Yamaha CA-2010 today). Granted I haven't a clue how to use one but I would like to learn a little now:)
  20. code46

Yamaha CA-2010 Questions

Hey guys, so I just won a CA-2010 on eBay. Second one I had bought in the last month on eBay. The first one turned out to be a scam. Well the seller said it was serviced but as far as he knows only the power supply capacitors were replaced. If it was brought up to spec that would mean the other...
  21. code46

(minimum) Tools needed for DIY stands for JBL L112

I was thinking of trying to make some replica JBL L112 stands: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3688620&postcount=4 I don't really have any woodworking tools but wondering if anyone can advise what I can getaway with on the cheap to make those stands.
  22. code46

Yamaha CA-2010 repair

Yamaha CA-2010 servicing Should have posted here first. I meant to say servicing, the CA-2010 is in working condition. Anyone have recommendations on who I can send the Yamaha CA 2010 to for service/recap and thorough go over? Any AK forum members?
  23. code46

Yamaha (CA-2010) Service/Repair in NJ/NYC area?

Yamaha (CA-2010) Service/Repair Suggestions. I have a vintage integrated Yamaha CA-2010 on its way to me (will be hooking up some JBL L112s to it). I should probably have the Yamaha serviced before I hook it up. Any recommendations for servicing/repair outfits? Anyone recommended on the...
  24. code46

Gettin' some JBL L112s! Need amp advice!

So I initially came to Audiokarma looking for advice on upgrading my Swan M200 desktop speakers to better desktop speakers. Hanging around a bit, doing some reading, one thing lead to another and bam!, some JBL L112s should be sitting in my living room soon. I need advice on my first amp...
  25. code46

The McGurk Effect

Interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lN8vWm3m0
Back
Top Bottom