Search results

1. sansui 74

Sansui owners map

I think I overwrote your info JimEGR sorry about that went,back to the map didn’t see you on the map apologies. Ken
  2. sansui 74

Sansui owners map

Pretty cool I’m on the map now Sansui’s here in Washington are all close to Puget Sound. Ken
  3. sansui 74

G-22000 Amp - Can it be repaired?

I agree take to some that knows Sansui here is a trusted tech tech@qrxrestore.com they are in Eugene Oregon. I have been using them for full recap and restore of units from Au101 to AU 10000 QRX 5500 I think I am up to 12 units recapped over the the last 12 years they know their stuff the...
  4. sansui 74

Help Sansui QRX-3500 remote question - No sound

I would think your shorting plug is original equipment the pins have to be connected to each other to complete the circuit hence ( shorting plug ) to work properly. I have a remote QBL 100 for theQRX 5500 and a QRX 9001 it’s way cool
  5. sansui 74

Help Sansui QRX-3500 remote question - No sound

Looks like the top half ( cover ) is missing,the pins look to be the bottom half of shorting plug in place where it should be located
  6. sansui 74

When buying a used TT is it normal to include a cartridge

The seller is asking 375 and no cartridge. For the demo I have a 50h head shell and cartridge from a none working 50h I think to be fare the no cartridge stance the price is going to be lower somewhat which works for me we will see how he reacts to the suggestion.
  7. sansui 74

When buying a used TT is it normal to include a cartridge

Going to look at a Elac Benjamin Miracord 50h next week I personally find it odd the TT does not include a cartridge the seller wants to charge extra for a cartridge I am thinking that would be negotiable point,over the decades all the new and used TT I have purchased included a cartridge...
  8. sansui 74

Show Me Your Sansui!

Sansui 7070 in the house. Made a trip to Clackamas Oregon yesterday from the Seattle area because I’m retired and can do things on a whim, have been looking for a 8080,9090 or 7070 DB or not in my area but there have been alerts on CL about scammers selling sansui’s so the ads I e mailed no...
  9. sansui 74

QRX 3500 Weird Issue Speaker Protect

You might try DeOxit the 2 channel tape monitor push button switch, I have had issues with the tape monitor switches on my QRX 5500 like no sound to speakers or distortion sound never a protection problem though. Hope this helps keep us updated. Ken
  10. sansui 74

Exclusively Sansui AK gathering in the PNW?

I would be up for that now that I’m retired. Currently in the north Seattle area. Ken
  11. sansui 74

Finally got the matching tuner!

Tuners seem to be in the air this holiday season I just picked up aTU9900 my self. Vey cool tuner Robisme
  12. sansui 74

Show Me Your Sansui!

I can understand the thing that got me off the fence is it was half price of most and had been recapped and should last the rest of my life time soon to be 68. Ken
  13. sansui 74

Show Me Your Sansui!

Sansui TU9900 in the house, was recapped 15 years ago (box checked) picked this unit up last night from CL locally 15 min from home the seller said in his ad AM not working and mounting bracket for AM antenna is broken, during demo AM did work done deal. Got it home hooked up to my AU 101 with...
  14. sansui 74

Sansui AU-101 Restoration - A Classy Minimalist

The output transistors must have been changed out before I owned the unit, thanks for noticing the difference the set sounds great and no issues with the ones installed. Ken
  15. sansui 74

The outputs were not changed out just the trim pots were added for fine adjustment. Sansuiman thanks for TU update on matching to the 101 and 555A.
  16. sansui 74

AU 101 in the house, just picked up from the QRX restore shop in Eugene and it sounds great, had the Cliff binding post installed thanks to JimEGR, Mylar upgrade and trimmer pots installed this unit had the early boards F 1302-1 which did not have them. I just cannot believe how great this...
  17. sansui 74

Caught the Vintage Audio bug

Great news glad it’s up and running, the 7001is due for a recap it’s almost 50 years old Sansui rocks. Ken
  18. sansui 74

Is the Sansui 5000X a great receiver?

The answer is yes,I have owned all three of this series 5000,A and X and they are capacitor coupled which gives these a wonderful tube like sound with punch 55 watts per channel I believe , the 5000 and the 5000 A have been given to other family members who just love their sound the tuner is...
  19. sansui 74

Sansuis in need of refurb

https://www.qrxrestore.com/making-custom-boxes/ I gave them the idea years ago Jim was blown away and very thankful they had away to ship units safely across the country, I was glad I could help him in some small way. Ken
  20. sansui 74

Sansuis in need of refurb

QRX restore has a great reputation I can attest to as I have had 10 units restored and recapped over the past 12 years, they have shipping boxes available they can send you for the 9001 the may fit the G series to,contact Justin here tech@qrxrestore.com just put request service in the subject...
  21. sansui 74

Sansui rack setups - would love to see them!

Here is my GX 5 setup the AU 10000 does not have rack handles it’s resting on the tuner
  22. sansui 74

Sansui 800 worth fixing?

On emails to QRX restore put “request service”in subject heading so Justin can keep track. Ken
  23. sansui 74

Sansui 800 worth fixing?

This model is worth it,clean pots with DeOxit or corrosion X in side the cover are speaker fuses 2.5 amp for A and B that my be your immediate problem. QRX restore. Com in Eugene Oregon can recap and restore email for a quote I have had many sets over the years done by them they do very good...
  24. sansui 74

Show Me Your Sansui!

Wow pretty cool
  25. sansui 74

Show Me Your Sansui!

Sansui AU 10000 JDM 100 V in the house just back from a full recap and restore Mylar caps added by QRX restore in Eugene Oregon it’s been a year since purchase well worth it the voice recording are just so clear. Early this year I found a rack system GX 5 which included TU 217 and a SC 2110 the...
Back
Top Bottom