Search results

1. ajpanic

Sanyo Plus Q60 - Help!

This is a new to me turntable. It is a beautiful table, except that some of the buttons do not work and it does not spin. The turntable was purchased in California and expertly packed and shipped by a good friend and audiophile. It worked for him, but has not worked for me. A few notes...
  2. ajpanic

80's Technics Integrated Amps

I've got a bunch of Technics stuff and haven't seen those before. Can you give us the model number and possibly a pic or two?
  3. ajpanic

Help ID an AudioQuest Cartridge

I need some help identifying this cartridge I know it's from AudioQuest, model # B200. Based on the following post at another forum I believe it came in a high output and low output. I'd like to figure out which one this is and any other information. From what I've seen this was a real good...
  4. ajpanic

Vintage Cerwin-Vega - Any Good Ones?

If you posted some pics I bet someone could have those identified real quick.
  5. ajpanic

HELP! Technics SA-800 DC Offset

I was measuring the incorrect spot on the left channel. After measuring across the emitter resistor the left channel is still quite high. Around 400mV. The adjustment points do very little to help. Sound is coming out of both channels. This unit does need a deoxit bath. I'd like to think...
  6. ajpanic

Pretty certain. I'll check it again in the morning. I'm also concerned about the high reading on the right channel as well, and the pot adjustment doesnt get me anywhere close. BTW, I mis titled the post. I know I need to adjust the bias to address the heat issue.
  7. ajpanic

I just received a Technics SA-800. Very nice sounding unit, and one of the better looking silver face receivers, IMHO. The problem is this thing runs hot, very hot. After only 1-2 minutes of being on (with the volume turned all the way down) the heat sinks are too hot to touch. I checked...
  8. ajpanic

Sharing the hobby...a most gratifying experience

As a recipient of those who share the hobby, let me say thank you. I visited my friend in Los Angeles about a year ago and we shared a love for music (I'm from North Carolina). He has been collecting for a few years and he shipped me a Technics SU-v10x integrated for his cost of $60. This a...
  9. ajpanic

(RTR) Series IV model E Speakers $100 -Denver

Did you ever get them? I have a pair of Series IV Model C's that sound surprisingly good. Very wide sound stage, clear mids and highs. They need to be up off the floor for better bass response.
  10. ajpanic

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

How about this for a find: A signed copy of Angels and Airwaves I-Empire for $1. For those that don't know, this is the band formed by Tom Delonge after Blink-182 split up.
  11. ajpanic

Picked up a Technics SL-220 for $15... What is the general consensus on this one?

I guess the attached pics didn't go through with my last post...
  12. ajpanic

Picked up a Technics SL-220 for $15... What is the general consensus on this one?

Wow, I just picked one up yesterday off of CL for $15 also. Came with the original box, owners manual, overhang guide, 45 adapter and an extra cart. Basically was in great shape, but needed some TLC. The belt was melted onto the platter (what a mess!), I deoxited the speed pots, lubed up...
  13. ajpanic

Really neat info, thanks SVI2004A. I always wondered exactly where Technics wandered off into BPC. My personal opinion is that many of these 80's units fly under the radar as they are considered BPC. the RCA inputs on the front are a real nice feature. It's great for plugging in an iPod...
  14. ajpanic

This is great info! SVI2004A, please do add more. I have an SU-V10x that I would love to learn more about. Many of these integrated amps by Technics from the 80's look to be well built with great specs, but not much info or reviews out there. Personally, I find the SU-v10x to be a solid...
  15. ajpanic

Vintage Cerwin-Vega - Any Good Ones?

You guys are making me rethink my opinion of my D-3's. I recently bought a pair off Craigs for $25 that needed refoaming (in great shape otherwise). I have them connected to a Marantz SR 6000DC. A good speaker, but the bottom end seems a bit muddy and the highs a little laid back. That said...
  16. ajpanic

New to Vintage Audio...Need help!

Welcome to AK and vintage audio. I cannot comment on Bartertown, but definitely a good idea. Craigslist can be hit or miss, and the good deals often get scooped up quick. I use an Android app that searches craigs every few hours or so. Ebay is OK, but shipping has gotten out of sight...
  17. ajpanic

Thank you-Blast

Thank you was the least I could do. the guy that got me into this hobby, and who has sourced my best gear bought the audiosource eq. being able to send it to him was a small start to repaying the favor. he lurks a bunck on AK, but I haven't got him to post yet. interactions like this are one...
  18. ajpanic

Fadergrease for CD Player?

I've got a Technics SL P3 that is noisy on start up and skips toward the end of a disc. I am going to open it up and lube the gears. I have fadergrease from Caig and dupont silicone with teflon. W ill either of these work or is there something better?
  19. ajpanic

Vancouver Audio Speaker Clinic -Energy 22 Repair

Has anyone had Vancouver Audio Speaker Clinic rebuild some Energy 22 tweeters? I cannot reach Chris Coote at Abitech (all signs point to him no longer in business) and need my tweeters redone. Looking for overall impressions of their work and specifiaclly the Energy 22. Thanks in advance for...
  20. ajpanic

Technics RS-M280 Only FF and RW

I have a Technics RS-M280 that will only FF and RW. When I hit the play button it will fast forward and will not stop. A few things I've noticed that are probably related: when I hit play it will fast forward and the only way to make it stop is to turn it off. None of the other buttons...
  21. ajpanic

Technics RS-M280 Maint Suggestions and Opinions

Brand new in the house today is a Technics RS-M280. I haven't even had an opportunity to plug it in. I really like how this thing is built, the cassette door has a nice action to it; it opens out then down. It's heavy and the buttons are pretty solid. From what I can tell it was top of the...
  22. ajpanic

Energy Pro 22

I've had a pair for about six months with a blown tweeter. Bktheking, what do you know about ABI being out of business? I've tried to track him down with very little luck. Was hoping the new year would see his return.
  23. ajpanic

Control Kenwood KR-720 remotely?

I doubt seriously that it had a remote. From looking it up online it looks to be a silver face late 70's / early 80's. Assuming RC is not on that unit there are still alternatives. I have a Technics SU-v10x integrated amp that is not remote controllable. I have connected a PC to it on...
  24. ajpanic

Advice Needed: Shipping Technics SL-QL1 TT

My buddy across the country is shipping me a Technics SL-QL1 linear tracking TT. We've got the basics down as far as packing, but have a few questions and welcome any comments. 1) What should be done with the stylus and cartridge? 2) Should we remove the dust cover or keep it intact and...
  25. ajpanic

Thank you-Blast

Big thank you to Blast for sending a very clean copy of an AudioSource EQ-One manual. There is one floating around the net, but its a poor copy. he took the time to rescan a much better version. He was quick on the draw as well. Thanks a bunch, Blast. You helped me start to repay an audio...
Back
Top Bottom