Search results

1. 2Turntables

Subwoofer(s) Not Required

Call me flattered then:D
  2. 2Turntables

RTally... and the others, this is great to know. Always nice to be amongst other planar folks :beerchug:
  3. 2Turntables

Well when you take the purist approach, this is how it is. Although the wall to the right as I sit in the chair is a 2x6 load bearing wall.. My TT is mounted to that wall right outside the door so its not like I have to go far. There is something to be said about having your music room dead...
  4. 2Turntables

Welcome. Although I am getting the feeling there aren't a lot of planar guys on this side of the pond.......
  5. 2Turntables

Yes Sir.. I also have the lights on remote control. So lights out is an ever better way to have complete focus on the music and the get the full affect of the soundstage.
  6. 2Turntables

Thanks! and Haha!! thanks for letting me know. I fixed it... That door is always insulting!
  7. 2Turntables

So I have been listening to Magnepans basically all my life. 15 years ago I was running MGIIa's and I added VMPS subwoofers(May Brian rest in peace) to the bottom end. The subwoofers sounded great, but I never felt it blended well with the planars... so I sold the subwoofers a few years later. I...
  8. 2Turntables

Listening chair/loveseat/couch - what are you rockin'?

Thanks Mark B :beerchug:
  9. 2Turntables

Thanks 3kitty! and KDAC, thanks for that as well... I do find the room very relaxing and tough to leave. Especially since I'm 100% vinyl for that room :biggrin:
  10. 2Turntables

Love the thread!! Great to see everybodys listening chair and systems! Here is mine.. lights on remote so I don't have to get up to turn the lights off:music:
  11. 2Turntables

Preamp Shootout

You read my mind Jblnut! I had never used a tube phono stage until just recently. I had demo's the LS26 AR preamp and the dealer sent me this project tube box II to use since I was running vinyl only. I fell in love with the tube section(obviously) I have a Tube Box SE on order... Hope to have...
  12. 2Turntables

Preamp Shootout

Preamp Shootout Round 2 I did more testing today and I thought I would share the results. Here are the details. I used the same stereo as original test last week. I brought in another preamp to test against my Gas Thoebe. Song: Dead Can Dance: Spirit Dance Preamps: 1)Gas Theobe(Solid...
  13. 2Turntables

Preamp Shootout

Thanks JonL! I am in central indiana. How bout yourself?
  14. 2Turntables

Preamp Shootout

More testing to come..... That was a new unit. so I am not impressed with reliability from the start. I am planning on getting a VK42 BAT pre within a few weeks and I will retest. Now at the moment the same dealer has me testing a Marantz Preamp... We will be blind testing that tomorrow...
  15. 2Turntables

Preamp Shootout

I wanted to share with you some comparison/testing I did on Sunday. I have always wondered what I was missing since I haven't gone out and dropped $5K+ on a preamp/amp for my stereo, you know the big names that all the magazines are pushing.... I have always been happy with the sound my stereo...
  16. 2Turntables

Official AudioKarma G.A.S. Owner Club - The Great American Sound Company!

I grew up listening to my Dads stereo... SAE Preamp, Son of Ampzilla amp pushing maggie IIa's. I was hooked at that point. 8 years ago I bought an ampzilla IIa and a Thoebe(from my pal in Chicago!). since then I have acquired several GAS pieces. My thoebe is getting reworked by Mike Bettinger...
Back
Top Bottom