Search results

1. cipriano

Model Nine Series II replacement woofers and mids

Hello, I have a nice pair of Model Nine Series II but the woofers and mids were cannibalized by previous owner. The crossovers, controls and tweeters check out fine. Would anybody have any recommendations for woofers and mids? I'd love to stick with Parts Express, if possible, but would buy from...
  2. cipriano

Today's Reggae Play List

For the past few years, I've posted my annual top 5. No list this year though! Every time I go to buy a record I bail due to high costs. For example, the new Joe Yorke LP, Hopeless, is $30 then another $20 for shipping from UK to US. Eff that! I'll get my fix by downloading weekly reggae...
  3. cipriano

Review of Fosi Audio V3 Stereo Amplifier

I'm a fan of any amp using the Texas Instruments TPA series. My daily driver is an Allo Volt+D while the following amps have come and gone. Schiit Vidar Emotiva BasX A2 Decware SE84UFO Buckeye Hypex NC252MP Two Channel Even better than the Volt+D was a TPA 3116d2 board mounted in a cigar box...
  4. cipriano

today's AMBIENT selection

Rest in Peace Brian McBride, one half of Stars of The Lid.
  5. cipriano

Dayton B652 Air - begging for mods

I did some comparison listening today with my Hivi Swan 3.1a, Dayton B652Air (after Durham's has dried on back), and crossover updated Minimus 7's. For the Minimus 7's I used the crossover kit that has been on ebay for several years. In order my preference was: HiVi Swan 3.1a - Not too...
  6. cipriano

I believe they are 1/2" with the front baffle being 5/8". My theory behind the Durham's is that the extra reinforcement on the back helps the acoustic suspension process. The bass tightens up.
  7. cipriano

3-4 years ago, I used Durhams Water Putty to fill up the "trough" on the backs of a set of B652's. I was very impressed, so today I'm doing the same on my B652 Airs. I wasn't worried about looks because one never sees the rear and also I'm going to paint this pair.
  8. cipriano

schiit

Oh, it definitely was. I don't hold the Saga+ accountable, it was doing the best it could trying to calm to Hypex' manic sound. And yet I really like the chip based class d amps like the tpa3255 and the tpa3116/3118.
  9. cipriano

schiit

I tried a Saga+ with a Hypex based Buckeye. The result was a gentleman's C. Removing the Saga+ and trying a SYS resulted in a failing grade! So the Saga+ improved things but those Hypex Ncore modules were unforgiving screechers.
  10. cipriano

Nobsound E6 Preamp Uses Directly Heated Tubes

I have noticed something interesting since purchasing the E6. I will be listening along to an album I've heard many times and some lyrics or a phrase will pop into focus. I'm not following the lyrics in a specific sense. I'm just singing along in my head and some lyrics will suddenly become...
  11. cipriano

Well, the Allo Volt+D combined with the E6 is a winning combo. No doubt about it. I have previously owned a 2-channel hypex amp (252MP if I remember correctly) and that amp was super sharp and unforgiving. It was like an ice pick, no kidding. The Allo Volt+D is much much better but it can still...
  12. cipriano

Personal Top 20 Films (at this moment)

I must politely disagree with that Jungian assertion. There are others cultures (specifically non western and non Christian) that produce works that can't be classified so easily.
  13. cipriano

Please watch Tropical Malady (2004). There are new types of movies to be made. :)
  14. cipriano

I must be losing it! I forgot to include Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same from 2011. It becomes the second most recent title on my list after Cemetery of Splendor 2015. Don't let the title throw you off! It's a great movie.
  15. cipriano

Oh shoot! Yeah, include that in my list as well. Two things I just noticed about my list - No westerns and no war movies. Also, I dislike Kubrick and Tarantino so none of their titles would make my top 500.
  16. cipriano

Alphaville 1965 Ben Hur 1959 Four Nights of the Dreamer 1971 Au Hasard Balthazar 1966 Star Wars 1977 Empire Strikes Back 1980 Raiders of the Lost Ark 1981 Le Mepris 1963 Pierrot le Fou 1965 Corvette Summer 1978 The Ten Commandments 1956 Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan 1982 Eloge de L'Amour 2001...
  17. cipriano

Ordered a quad from Ukraine with the $12 I saved with the coupon. Well, I had to pitch in another $2 to get a quad for $14. :)
  18. cipriano

If anybody was considering a purchase there currently is a 20% off coupon on ebay. The seller is doukmall. I couldn't resist at $48, so I now have one on the way. For use with an integrated Class D (Volt D+) what are you all setting your amps volumes at? Maxed out, Noon, 9:00?
  19. cipriano

Today's Reggae Play List

One of my favorite bands has released two new LP's this year. The vinyl sold out so quick I didn't get copies but the downloads on BC sound terrific. A Distant Beat is their all-new material. Vibrations From the Bionic Tabernacle is a dub album created from their first three albums.
  20. cipriano

Today's Reggae Play List

Here is my 2022 top 5 albums: 1. Various Artists - Studio One Women Volume 2 (Soul Jazz) 2. Count Ossie and The Mystic Revelation of Rastafari - Grounation (Soul Jazz) Many pressings of this exist but there is something about the way Soul Jazz masters their releases. This is the one to pick up...
  21. cipriano

How can I add 2nd order harmonic to Directv?

It is a diy kit - swan hivi 3.1a. The Dayton B652's I had in there weren't cutting it.
  22. cipriano

Just to update this thread in case anybody is interested in doing the same. I attempted using an HDMI extractor and the sound was awful. I don't know if all extractors sound that bad, but the one I purchased sure did. So, I purchased a used Marantz SR5001 AVR and I called up Directv for a new...
  23. cipriano

Today's classical playlist

Yeah, that pic was pretty blurry.
  24. cipriano

Today's classical playlist

I'm not a classical guru, but when I go into my local DI, I like to grab the sealed classical CD's they have. I plan on one day getting "The Rough Guide to Classical" and diving into my amassed collection. Did I find anything cool today?
  25. cipriano

If I have this right I could wire this like so? Directv HDMI into the iArk input1 Bluray Player HDMI into iArk input2 then Run iArk HDMI out straight to TV (the audio will be stripped from the signal?) Run iark RCA outputs to integrated tube amplifier So I won't need to pick up an AVR...
Back
Top Bottom