Search results

1. E

Jelco 4c-1X 4 channel cartridge needs stylus. Do I bother?

Thanks for looking this up. That's a 4 channel stylus right? A pricey option, too. Looks like a nice one - Shibata. Hmm, I don't think I'd spend that much on this cartridge unless it might be something special running 2 channel stereo. Will that stylus play 2ch on the Jeclo 4C-1X cartridge? Is...
  2. E

Jelco 4c-1X 4 channel cartridge needs stylus. Do I bother?

I got a turntable that had a Jelco 4C-1X 4 channel cartridge without a stylus. I've searched online for information, but this thing is still a mystery to me. Is it possible to use it as a stereo cartridge if I get a new stylus? Is it worthwhile to get a stylus, and if so, what should I look for...
  3. E

Sanyo TP-600 SA I need help from the tt gurus

Just one more post to follow up on this thread. I received my extra belts for this table yesterday: Turntable replacement belt for imports, EV FRM 25.0 inches inside circumfrence, 3/16" wide (cross-section) (.210), .040 thick (wall) Out of curiosity, I tried one to see if there was any...
  4. E

Yes, I see one block of timing drift about every two seconds with the new belt. That's so darn close that I'm okay with it for now. It's even possible that this is the amount of tolerance allowable in the thickness of specific belt I have on it now. The next batch might be ever so slightly...
  5. E

I can certainly understand your frustration, I was getting there myself. But if you like the table it might be worth it to spend another $8.95 for a belt that will get it up to speed. Then, if you still decide to be done with it, you can move it on knowing it's as good as it can be. I'm sure...
  6. E

I thought that my Sanyo TP 600 SA sounded okay with the belt I'd mentioned in the previous post. But I went back to my Sanyo and put the strobe disc on the platter for a more critical assessment of the speed and found that it was still visually slow. I guess I'm not blessedly cursed with perfect...
  7. E

I have this same table. These were made by CEC, and like many other belt drives they have an AC motor that uses line frequency (60Hz US) to spin at the correct RPM for the specific diameters of the platter and drive wheels. Everything has to turn as smooth as possible. I've also found that there...
  8. E

Tu9900/au9900

What great find! What a deal! Did I read that right? - Both the AU9900 and the TU9900 for $50! The tuner alone is worth $500... Good for you! :thmbsp: I've had a few Sansui components over the years, and have enjoyed them with various ADS speakers. The model 570/2 is a nice monitor...
  9. E

Calling All Yamaha

I have your C-2... A nice one complete with the owner's manual.. I sent you a PM. I have a really nice C-2 for you.... Ed.
  10. E

New Toy: AE Music MK2 Tube Line Stage

Okay, curiosity got the better of me, and I pulled out one of the Mazda 5Y3GB tubes to compare to the CIFTE. They're quite different. atsitubeman has had the Mazda tubes, and Bugleman has sold both in the past. I got mine from Bugleman. Something like $10 each, which seemed like cheap fun to...
  11. E

I've seen two regular sellers for these 5Y3GB tubes; Bugleman and atsitubeman have had them, though neither of these sellers are running auctions at this time. I've seen Mazda and Cifte variants of the 5Y3GB. The Cifte tubes may have been produced by Mazda, I don't know. I bought three of...
  12. E

Cayin TA-30 thoughts...

I'll be very interested to play this amp to see how it compares to my other tube setup. In another thread I posted a description and an image of my office system, it's an Audio Experience MKII preamp mated with a Dynaco Series Stereo 70 Series II amp. Once the Cayin arrives I'll probably put...
  13. E

I bought the rust colored o-rings on eBay. I put two on each tube. I haven't done the back to back tests with and w/o the dampers, but I figured they couldn't hurt. I tried some RFT 12AX7 tubes in the pre, but they were very microphonic. I didn't have the dampers then, they might have made a...
  14. E

Hi, I'm a newbie here, my 2nd post... I've been using one of these preamps in my office system for a couple of years. I think it sounds pretty good, certainly better than the SS preamp I'd used before. I have a Dynaco Stereo 70 Series II amp with Valve Art EL34s, a Zenith DVB312 and a...
  15. E

Cayin TA-30 thoughts...

Cayin TA-30s on eBay with "dented boxes" Hi, I'm a newbie on the list too. Though I've been reading it for some time. There are some Cayin TA-30 amps listed on eBay from 2Baudio with "dented boxes". The starting price is a very attractive $549. Looks like a great way to get this amp at a...
Back
Top Bottom