Search results

1. J

Full headphones vs Earbuds??

Ear buds or in ear monitors (iem) are supposed to damage your hearing. I really don't know but when I ues them for long periods, snowboarding or cycling, my ears hurt.
  2. J

Fiio E6

The battery on mine quit charging after 6 months but I almost never used it and left it in the cold a lot. Still works plugged in.
  3. J

Audeze LCD-2 Rev.2

I can't believe they sound "warm". If anything they are bass heavy and the treble drops off. I really like mine but have to equalize the bass a bit. Did you get a frequency chart with yours? If not you can email audeze and they will email you one. The pronounced bass response should be shown but...
  4. J

Hifiman HE 400 vs Senn HD650

I considered both of these for a long time. I got a good deal on a pair of Audeze lcd-2 so I grabbed them knowing I could resell them. My thoughts are that the HE-400 seem really easy to resell but I have not heard them. My brother has the HD650's and loves them. They are super light and feel...
  5. J

Headfi is not an open forum!

I guess I wasn't really looking for it. I haven't spent too much time there but I did buy some Audeze LCD-2's mostly based on things I heard from them and 6moons. I do kinda love them though. Hope its not just hype tricking me. Although, they are tested and come with a frequency chart of my pair...
  6. J

Headfi is not an open forum!

Hey everyone! I was pretty leery after I noticed the summer buyers guide really pushed there sponsors stuff but after reading this I can't go there anymore! http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html
  7. J

Audeze LCD-3, if you cant go big..

Just got a pair of lcd-2 rev. 2. Wow is all i have to say. Not perfect but damn nice. Now for a portable amp?
  8. J

Speaker pairs priced each...

Comeon Man you got to tell them no? I wouldn't sleep very well if I didn't. Of course with the prices on some of these donated items I might be able to rationalize not correcting the cashier!
  9. J

ipod mod capacitors

I want to try the red wine audio mod to bypass the amp section of the ipod and use it as a dedicated DAC. The caps that everyone uses are no longer made. Anyone know of a sub. (stitute)
  10. J

Bose 901 Insanity.

The efficiency of drivers isn't just based on there size. The type of surrounds, magnets, cone material ect. all play factors. Box size effects the speakers even more.
  11. J

JBL 150A -- $900 Littleton, CO.

I'm pretty sure these were on craigslist about 2 weeks ago for $30 but not refinished like they look now. I mean they could be different ones though. I called right away and told him I'd like to buy them and left from loveland and was going to meet at home depot. Drove an hour and called him and...
  12. J

Firestone Audio Tubehead Preamp and Big Joe II integrated amp

I love Firestone audio. Have the ILTW DAC. How do you feel about the 20wpc? What kind of speakers are you pairing them with
  13. J

why does my $45 t-amp sound so...AWESOME?

Dayton DTA-100a. Don't let the secret out until i've finished selling off my tube amps. Yeah a nice tube amp sounds better (in some ways) but when you weigh in size, price, power usage, I chose the Dayton. I run mine with a Firestone audio ILTW DAC, and Tannoy 613. I do really want to try...
  14. J

Firestone audio Bigjoe III?

Right now I'm playing the ILTW with a Dayton DTA-100a and some Tannoy 613. Unfortunately, I am using windows vista and the drivers for the higher transfer rates will not work. I think it is an improvement over my last dac but I do wonder if there were less expensive options. However, I am happy...
  15. J

Speaker ID

Any ideas? Seller says they are german but doesn't know who made them.
  16. J

Packard bell tube amp?

Under-rated amp. I've had two. Liked them as much as my fisher 500b and hh scott 233. They are el84 with 12ax7 and I think 5u4 rectifier. They usually sell for about $150 on ebay.
  17. J

After some consideration went with the Firestone ILTW DAC instead. Just cant go solid state yet, although I'd love an amp that size. Should get it next week, I got the last one in stock at avhifi. I love the looks of the thing but I guess most people think its ugly from what I've read. Who knows...
  18. J

I've been downsizing and am considering this amp/DAC. Anyone have any experience with it? Will I been really disappointed, I've been listening to tubes for quite a while now but I mostly listen to digital? Right now I'm rockin an HH Scott 233 with Tannoy sixes. I'm keeping the sixes, I love...
  19. J

Estate sale Tannoy price

Really go back on the last day. Offer $1000 this time.
  20. J

Grommes update

Classic!
  21. J

Tannoy Sixes 611

Had a few hours to listen. Playing them with a HH Scott 233 tube amp. I lack of bass takes a little getting used to. Very nice mid-range. Overall very neutral. I love them already although I've never used a sub but am thinking about it. "The mid-range is where we live"
  22. J

Tannoy Sixes 611

Thanks for the response! I bought them for $200. Haven't had much time to listen yet but looking forward to it.
  23. J

Tannoy Sixes 611

Looking at a pair of these. How much? Any other thoughts? Thanks
  24. J

Help identifying old siemens amplifier

Im interested.
  25. J

the 50 cent scam

From urban dictionary: An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears. Your boss is a real douchebag! Although I've heard other definitions.
Back
Top Bottom