Search results

1. B

MC2505 with tube preamp

I have an MC250 and run it with tube preamps....Sounds terrific. I like the power of SS and the smoothness of Tubes....a great marriage!
  2. B

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Next Dirty Weekend sale starts November 1, according to the email I received.
  3. B

Got mine on Friday and have them set up just right. I've run the gamut of 250wpc amp down to 12wpc tube amp....they sound terrific on any and all ( had a guest amp today). Got the Clarity Cap upgrade which is a must. The hickory cabinets are sublime...so much better than looking at black all...
  4. B

New - Magnepan LRS speakers

Just got the Maggies (off white with oak trim) on Friday afternoon..... 3 feet from back wall, 2 feet from side walls, tweeters inside, speakers 50 inches apart,15 degree toe-in, me sitting 7 feet away, powered by a McIntosh MC2255.....sublime! They have about 10 hours on them....can pass the...
  5. B

In order to prepare for the DWs I would like opinions on what to do for the Griewe vent system... I have a 1 1/2 inch thick wall to wall carpet in my listening room and I need to know your solutions to make the DWs perform their best in the bass.....sit them on a concrete paver, on plywood or...
  6. B

Just spoke to Sean...mine will ship next Friday...should have them the Thursday thereafter....ordered on 4/2
  7. B

Just got off the phone with Eric at Magnepan and he said mine will ship next Friday.....ordered on 4/30 for other folks out there who are looking for a due date.
  8. B

Has anyone who ordered the DW's back on April 2nd received theirs yet or heard anything from Zu about a ship date??
  9. B

How many folks have gotten their LRS speakers as of 5/28? I ordered mine by phone on 4/30 and have heard nothing since. Any light at the end of the tunnel?
  10. B

It's Terry's Birthday

Happy Birthday Terry!
  11. B

They were sold out at around 4 PM Tuesday??? Whew, I'm glad I order a pair in hickory with the Clarity Cap upgrade at 4 PM Tuesday EDT! Now, once they get here, I can hear what all the fuss is about!
  12. B

Terry Dewick's 102 yr old mother passed away.

My condolences to you Terry, and your entire family. May she rest in eternal peace.
  13. B

MC252 and preamps

I'm not really certain about the Aurieges' output impedance as I bought an MC2255 instead....works beautifully with that amp! Contact Jonathan at Tone Imports....he knows the Shindo upside down because he is the importer....or Matt Rotunda at Pitch Perfect Audio.
  14. B

MC250 autoformer needed, or viable options...

Phone Audio Classics using their website posted 607 number.....the 800 number is iffy. Ask for Ryan.
  15. B

Length of speaker wires?

I will probably use Belden 9497 wire for the speakers and make up some Belden 8402 shielded ICs. Any problems there?
  16. B

Length of speaker wires?

I'm thinking of moving my McIntosh MC2255 amplifier from its present location (with 16 foot speaker wire runs) to between the speakers leaving 6-7 foot runs to each speaker. I plan on increasing the IC length from preamp to amp to 15 feet from their present 3 foot lengths. Foresee any problems...
  17. B

chance to buy Forte's cheap

The Forte is a great speaker system! A friend of mine phoned me from a yard sale.....a pair of Fortes for $50....he asked if he should buy them.....I told him to slip the owner the cash, toss them in the car, and RUN! Think of it....a single US Grant!
  18. B

MC2255 and Magnepan?

The 2255 was brought up to spec by Audio Classics and I've had it just one week. I don't listen at disco levels though I do occasionally push some orchestral through the system, along with jazz, classic (non-nuclear explosion) soundtracks, rock (no head-bangers), male and female vocals. The...
  19. B

MC2255 and Magnepan?

I'm listening through Tekton Lores at the moment....just wondering about the possibility of Maggies. Would the small Maggies, the MMGis, be sufficient in my room? Thanks!
  20. B

MC2255 and Magnepan?

Should I go with the Magnepan MMG1 model to fill the room?
  21. B

MC2255 and Magnepan?

Nope....no experience whatsoever... The amp makes 343 WPC according to Audio Classics. Maybe I should just buy the smaller Maggies like the MMG1 for a room the size I have; then I'd at least have a taste of the speaker type. What say you to that possibility?
  22. B

MC2255 and Magnepan?

I am toying with the idea of acquiring a pair of Magnepan MG1.7s to run off my new (to me) MC2255. My listening room is 14 x 13 x 10. Will I have enough juice with the MC2255? Thanks in advance!
  23. B

MC252 and preamps

I guess it is a moot point now; yesterday I bought an immaculate McIntosh MC2255 from Audio Classics (thanks Ernie!) which I know for certain will work with all my preamps, including the Aurieges. With the MC2255 I believe I'm done for a while! Thanks to everyone for your assistance...I did...
  24. B

MC252 and preamps

Looks like the older Aurieges, the one I have, is 5K ohm output impedance.....found this on an old post from J. Halpern, Shindo importer. That makes it MC252 at 10K ohms and Aurieges at 5K ohms....looks like 2:1...ouch.
  25. B

Super Find: McIntosh MR 78

Call Ryan at Audio Classics (see their website for phone number and email to each staff member). Ryan can get you straightened out on this....they have seen lots of MR78s. You have a great McPiece in your possession! AC is in Vestal, NY just west of, and across the Susquehanna River from...
Back
Top Bottom