Search results

1. T

Green Day, Sting, Stevie Ray Vaughan headline 2015 Rock Hall nominees

When I found out Madonna and a few other "pop" stars bought their way in to the Hall of Fame, I vowed to NEVER EVER go there. Yeah, right. No Moody Blues, but by-God we got Madonna!
  2. T

Remote Control

Thanks everybody!! :smoke:
  3. T

Remote Control

Ahh, I see! Makes sense to me!
  4. T

Remote Control

Okay, calm down you guys! I'm posting at work, and just thought I had to be near my equipment. Apparently not? I will try the cleaning method before I go spending money! Thanks everybody, I appreciate the quick replies. But if I have to buy one, what do you guys think?
  5. T

Remote Control

I'm sorry- I don't understand your question. Oh wait a minute- I understand. I posted at work on the company computer. I just kind of thought you had to be near your equipment to program the Harmony. No?
  6. T

Remote Control

I have an Onkyo TXSR703, and I think my remote has just about had it. I can buy an OEM one for about $70.00-$80.00, an after-market one for a little bit less, and a Logitech Harmony 650 for the on-sale price of $49.00. I'm leaning towards the Harmony. My only problem with the Harmony is you need...
  7. T

Frisby Speakers

I was perusing through e-bay just kind of looking around at surround sound speakers, and came across a bunch of speakers by the name of "Frisby". Anybody ever heard of them?!? For the price they're getting for them, I figured they are probably on-line "white van" speakers. Don't get me wrong- I...
  8. T

Tarzan's Cheetah passes

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the real Cheetah.
  9. T

Live Albums That Are Not...

Live or Memorex? I have an album by Canned Heat that's called "Live At The Topanga Corral" which I recently read was not even recorded there...:smoke:
  10. T

Christmas Music, What are you playing?

XMAS music Once again, it's "Toolbox Christmas"! :smoke:
  11. T

Favorite Radio DJ

Favorite DJs All the DJs who worked at the mighty Met- KMET... :smoke:
  12. T

What's the rarest piece of vinyl you own?

Me, too. :smoke:
  13. T

What are you drinking now?

XMAS Drinks Today we are drinking "Slippery Nipples". You take a very small cordial cup- I bought the chocolate ones out of one of those catalogs- and put a little Bailey's in, followed by a little Kahlua, topped of with a little peppermint Schnapes. Then shoot it. Mmmmmm tasty. :smoke:
  14. T

what was your favorite record store that is no more

Also, Wallich's Music City in Canoga Park and Hollywood. They would acutally let you take a record into a little booth and put it on a turntable and listen to it. :smoke:
  15. T

what was your favorite record store that is no more

Jim Salzer's Music Emporium in Thousand Oaks, California. Long gone, but there is still one of his stores in Ventura. :smoke:
  16. T

Happy 66th Birthday Keith Richards

Yeah. Right. Your point being??? :smoke:
  17. T

Van Morrison: What you can and cant get on vinyl?

Van is the Man I know for the last few years he's always made sure his new releases included vinyl. :smoke:
  18. T

Any Atlanta Rhythm Section fans out there?

Yeah, I was just a little disappointed with the DVD 'cause it wasn't the original singer, and "Spooky" just doesn't sound the same. That being said, I still enjoyed it, somewhat... :smoke:
  19. T

RIP Dickie Peterson

Blue Cheer Sorry to hear about Dickie. I absolutely loved Blue Cheer. By far the best version of "Summertime Blues" that I've ever heard, IMHO. Never get tired of that song... :smoke:
  20. T

Turkey Trot

Getting ready for Turkey Trot next weekend. I'm sure you all remember the "WKRAP In Cincinnati" episode where they threw the frozen turkeys out of the plane? This is the REAL festival where they got the idea. Only they toss real turkeys out of the plane. It's a crackup watching the kids run...
  21. T

Last night...Steely Dan

Steely Dan Man oh man, what a review! One of the few bands left on my list that I've never seen in concert. They were near me in Memphis and KC- I'm kind of in-between- and I didn't get tickets. It sounds to me like it was fantastic! "My Old School"- one of the truly greatest rock and/or roll...
  22. T

POCO - A Good Feeling To Know

Wow! What a great piece of trivia! Who woulda known?!? Not me, anyway! :smoke:
  23. T

POCO - A Good Feeling To Know

Too bad you're not a little closer to Missouri. There's a little resort place there where POCO plays a couple of times a year. It's a small place where you have dinner and drinks before the show, and afterwards the band comes out and schmoozes with the audience. I haven't been there yet myself...
  24. T

What is it???

:lmao:
  25. T

Do you like where you live?

I really enjoy where I live, out in the middle of nowhere. I'm about a mile from the main highway, on the AR/MO state line, where we have a tavern, liquor/small convenience store (with anything you can imagine in stock), a gas station w/ cheap gas, a soon-to-open BBQ joint, and lotto tickets...
Back
Top Bottom