Search results

1. tobyj17

Quad II C4/C6 capacitor questions

Looking to finally dive into the set of Quad amps that i picked up years ago. Most of it seems pretty straightforward, I'm going to undo a homemade solid state rectifier and replace all resistors and capacitors, along with some wiring updates. The question I have is on C4/C6. The original case...
  2. tobyj17

Sansui 7000-should I??

Probably gonna regret this question, and I need another Sansui receiver like I need a hole in the head, but I found one locally for a couple hundred bucks. Cosmetically and sonically it has no issues.. seems fairly rare as far as receivers go. Not a TON of stuff out there... so...should I?
  3. tobyj17

Finally, a shelf that my G-33000 fits on!

After an exhausting search, I couldn't find a decent shelf for my stuff. After some suggestions from some members here, I decided to just make my own. So, $200 later and a few hours work, (and some routine switch cleaning) it's done.
  4. tobyj17

Rack/Shelf for G-22/33k?

I'm looking for a shelf or rack of sorts for my receiver and turntable. Right now what I have is attached to the wall, and would like something different. Everything I find is either too shallow, not tall enough...etc. If I have to I will make something, but I prefer to buy first. Thanks!
  5. tobyj17

Shelf ideas for G-22/33000?

Curious what everyone is using for shelving/stands for the big G's. Would need it to be roughly 30x30", and want room for my SR-929 on the top. I'm currently using a homemade shelf that works pretty well, but i want to remove it from the room it's in and put it somewhere where i use it more...
  6. tobyj17

KEF NT25 SP1353 tweeters

Anyone have ANY ideas on where to source some replacements for these? KEF discontinued them and i have had zero luck finding a replacement or even somewhere to repair them.. I found one SP 1276 on Ebay, but i'm afraid it won't match the other side.. Help?
  7. tobyj17

Mosfet substitution/replacement, Luxman LV-105U

Trying to dig into a Luxman LV-105U. So far I've found that the outputs are bad. Originals are a 2sk405 and a 2SJ115. Since these are out of production and there are too many fakes out there I'd like to find replacements. I've done a lot of searching on here and I've found several substitutes...
  8. tobyj17

Sansui Eight bias adjustment confusion

I'm trying to set the bias and other adjustments on my Sansui Eight after a fresh recap. I have a factory service manual and I was able to set the balance adjustment without issue, got it down to roughly 2mv. Then, I adjusted the "current adjustment on differential amplifier", was able to get...
  9. tobyj17

Can anyone identify this console pull?

Took a chance and picked it up from a guy, he didn't know anything about it and neither do I, but it was cheap enough. Looks complete, but haven't taken the bottom off yet.
  10. tobyj17

Can someone identify this?

Contained in a hand-built cabinet that my Grandpa built, he was using it as a guitar amp. Also has a solid state phono preamp in it. I know it's a push/pull design, but beyond that I have no clue about it. Anyone have any insight?
  11. tobyj17

Wisconsin to Texas (and back)

Taking a truck and car trailer down to TX and back the second week in august. Empty trailer on the way home. Anyone need anything BIG (or small) picked up or dropped off? Going through IA, MO, KS, OK. Live near MN border too.
  12. tobyj17

Anyone have a G-901db/G9000db cap list?

Hi all, Been awhile since i've posted much of anything, life gets in the way of hobbies real fast! Anyway, does anyone have a full cap list for the G-901/G9000? I picked up a 901 off of a junk collector a few years ago and I finally have some time to start working on it. I tried the search...
  13. tobyj17

Traveling from W. WI to Abilene TX (and back)

Driving from west central, WI area to Abilene TX this coming weekend (nov 1) and heading home either the 7th or 8th. I wouldn't have a ton of room, but do have some. Anyone need anything hauled? Route will be through Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma and just a corner of Missouri.
  14. tobyj17

G-33000 fan turned on again...

Yup.. it happened. Working on the house listening to the radio at a fairly high level (100 watts or so rms) and noticed that after awhile the fan on the power amp was on. Last time this happened the bias and offset were way out of whack. It's had a recap with Nichion caps since then. The...
  15. tobyj17

Is there an aftermarket volume pot available for the AU-9500?

Mine acquired some physical damage that I really don't want to talk about, and it definitely isn't repairable. I've done some searches on here and google, but I can't find a good replacement. I think I also need a relay, because even with a good cleaning I still get intermittent no sound issues...
  16. tobyj17

Sansui Eight flying saucer transistor questions.

Got my Eight up and running finally! It had a shorted rectifier which, shocking enough, was the only thing wrong with it. Even more shocking, Radio shack had a rectifier that was almost an exact replacement (spec wise) for it. Anyways, aside from the obvious recap, what are your guys'...
  17. tobyj17

andx0r- Great buyer!

Sold a CD player to him, transaction was very smooth! Prompt payment, even sent it as a gift without me asking to. Thanks!
  18. tobyj17

Sansui Eight rectifier replacement?

I've got a shorted out rectifier for my Eight..and I can't find a datasheet on it to get the specs. The ones i can find are in Japanese. It says I/R on it and has a "5B2 1E" on it. Mouser has what seems like millions of them..can someone help me out? Thanks :thmbsp:
  19. tobyj17

Geokos-good seller!

Bought some Sansui parts from him, smooth transaction and everything arrived safe! Thanks!
  20. tobyj17

Myopia-Great seller!

Purchased 4 MFLS lp's, all arrived safe and sound, and they were packaged right! Thanks!
  21. tobyj17

Interesting AU-9500 observation

So for safety reasons (small child-controls within reach) I've been running my 9500 in the muting position, just in case she grabs the volume control and gives it a good twist. Before you say it.. i know I know...but it fits in my stand and it's better than having my G-33 within reach! Besides...
  22. tobyj17

Altec Lansing speaker question!

Okay so I have the opportunity to buy these: The cabinets are beat to hell, and I would probably have to replace one woofer, but they're functional. How much would these be worth, and are they worth chasing??
  23. tobyj17

Shure Audio Obstacle course III fail!

Found this at a garage sale for a whole dollar. Never used one before, and it's driving me NUTS. Why? because I hear distortion. Not a lot, but it's definitely audible, which is too much. The places I hear it the worst are the "sibilance test", and the bells track. Here's what I've got...
  24. tobyj17

Anything good at this estate sale?

http://www.birdsongestate.com/electronics.html No affil..etc. Not calling dibs on anything, just curious if there's anything worth chasing after. I see the Teac R2R and the KEF speakers.. but unsure of what they actually are.
  25. tobyj17

Marantz 4230 thoughts/price?

Strange question coming from a Sansui guy i know, but i found a Marantz 4230 quad receiver at an antique store for $130. Cosmetics are good except for the dolby NR pot snapped clean off. So, what do you guys think? Should i drop the cash or just let it slide? If i can get the sign...
Back
Top Bottom