Search results

1. Mark W.

Emergency kit for my Willys jeep.

So I am finishing up a Hard top I have built for my 1948 Willys jeep and in this hard to are two storage compartments in the ceiling that are 2.5" D x 11" W x 22" L. These will be used to keep Emergency supplies with the jeep pretty much at all times. This will include food and water as well as...
  2. Mark W.

Building an off road trailer to pull with my Willys

So I won't go into a lot of detail but I am building a small off road capable travel trailer to pull behind my Willys jeep. Its going to be 5ft wide and 8ft long. Well it has to have a sound system and with power and weigh a big concern I am going with a system based on a Radio Shack SA-150 amp...
  3. Mark W.

Does anyone know who Decibelvibe on Facebook is? I got a problem with them

So last night I am reading through my facebook feed and a photo of THE SHRINE OF THE VINTAGE PIONEER shows up being linked to by one of my other pages. Its posted on some page called Decibelvibe looks to be from France. I never gave permission for my photo to be used by this site/person what...
  4. Mark W.

Couple simple speaker building question

I am building a pair of speaker enclosures for my 1948 Willys Jeeps hard top. They will have Pioneer 3 way 6" speakers running on a deck with 22 watts RMS. The enclosures are an odd shape due to the space requirements. They are constructed as can be seen in the photos from layered particle...
  5. Mark W.

Looking for a scouting report for the area around the Elks Temple in Tacoma

The wife would like to stay at the Mcmenamins Elks Temple in Tacoma. I would like to drive my Willys Jeep its got a hard top and can be locked up as well as any vehicle. That said as it would be either on the street or paid lot parking. I am asking if anyone of my AK friends might know the area...
  6. Mark W.

Took some new photos of my Willys engine now that I am closing in on the tuning.

Willys 134L engine in my 48 CJ-2A I built 140cu in 7.2-1 compression Balanced nut to pressure plate MSD-6D spark box Electric fan electric fuel pump Weber DGV 32-36 custom made aluminum intake and a one off TRI Y header design with 2.25" exhaust. Spin on bypass oil filter and the Fresh air...
  7. Mark W.

SO you think your crazy try this

SO some of you have seen my 48 Willys CJ-2A that I completely rebuilt and upgraded Click on the photos for bigger versions So what comes next. Well glad you asked I am currently build an Aluminum structured insulated hard top with suicide doors. Mostly on my Milling machine No...
  8. Mark W.

A Thanksgiving turkey story from the Kitchen

So every year my boss gives out 19-20lb Turkeys to his employees. In the past it was about the 2nd week in Dec. This year due to some rumors of a bird shortage he decided to do it before Thanksgiving. So it goes into the Freezer and one of the Birds resting there went in the fridge to defrost...
  9. Mark W.

Even a pretty Willys can have some fun

Went up to Washougal WA to visit a friend of mine and decided to head up in the hills above his place. You should have seen the climb up to this photo spot. Saddly I was driving and taking a photo wouldn't have been a great idea at the time.
  10. Mark W.

Chugs first day on the road in 45 years

Not since Sept 19th 1976 has my Willys been on the road under its own power. After 11.5 years of work here it is. Now I have about 3 weeks of things to fix and leaks to stop LOL
  11. Mark W.

New engine photos nearing completion

I have to get me a calm day over 55 degrees to shoot some temporary Black paint on the Header so I can do the final assembly on the left side of the engine the right side stuff is all done. The header paint will only be on it long enough to get the engine tuned and broke in maybe 200 miles then...
  12. Mark W.

FINALLY

About 10 Christmas's ago I snagged the stylus on my Ortofon X-3 MC Cartridge ruining it for anything but retipping. And as luck would have it the they were discontinued. SO I figured I would just pickup one somewhere off eBay etc. Well that didn't happen I made a good deal with some one on AK...
  13. Mark W.

Latest on CHUG A LUG my Willys

So i got the tire swing done as well as modifying the NOS Distributor I got off eBay to run a Petronix magnetic trigger. Pictures You can see the original Points plate in the middle. I used another plate I had from one of my used distributors so as to not mess up the brand new one in case the...
  14. Mark W.

Can you tell I am into Vintage stereo?

Got the Positive Cables done on my Willys jeep project.
  15. Mark W.

A update on my 48 Willys CJ-2A project

A couple recent photos to share progress on my 48 Willys CJ-2A project. Hopefully if work and life doesn't screw with me to much it will finally after over 10 years of work (spread over 16 years) be on the road this summer sometime.
  16. Mark W.

SO I thought I would show off my Willys Jeep project progress

Sunday before last I dropped the Tub on my 48 Willys Jeep project and if I stick to my guns this winter and work doesn't kill me to bad this year (last year 60 hour weeks were pretty often) I should have it complete and on the road.
  17. Mark W.

Looking for a small CD Player

I'm looking for a small (up to 9" wide) CD player to match up to my Realistic SA-155 amp and TM-155 Tuner for use in a small travel trailer. I have looked at a couple in the WAY TO EXPENSIVE RANGE like the TEAC PD-301 and a Denon anyone know of any other? Front load as this system will be rack...
  18. Mark W.

Updated Photo of my 134L

So I been slowly getting more and more done on my WIllys Jeep project so I thought I would show off a photo of the engine as it sits right now. I have since gotten the braided line to the oil filter and the stainless steel nipple into the Water pump done. Everything you see on the engine...
  19. Mark W.

TIME I NEED MORE TIME

So for the last month I have been working nights. Average week 55+ hours get home eat something maybe watch a 1/2 hour of TV then crash get up right before the heat of the day and 4-5 hours later I need to eat dinner and get ready for work. Work on the Willys jeep project is at a snails pace. I...
  20. Mark W.

Just got a neat Poster as a Gift

New Neighbors we are getting to be good friends with came over the other day and the wife showed them around the house. They were both quite impressed with the Shrine of the Vintage Pioneer in the living room. Anyway. A few days later they come into my shop where I been working on restoring...
  21. Mark W.

My new work ride

My new ride at work. it took them 3 weeks to talk me into taking it. Nothing like being responsible for the bosses new $270,000.00 toy. Its got all the bells and whistles. First dump truck I have run with a Cummins engine. The thing sounds likes its coming apart most the time (I just keep the...
  22. Mark W.

Pioneer S-910 Woofer swap

I have a buddy not really into vintage stereo but he happens to have a pair of S-910 Pioneers with bad woofers (both need refoaming ones cracked the other has an actual hole with pieces missing) I happen to have a nice pair of HPM-100 woofers I was going to put into a beat up pair of HPM-900's I...
  23. Mark W.

So I have now so completely destroyed my Dads Willys

As of today even my dad couldn't have imagined how destroyed his Willys Jeep could have ended up. I just spent the better part of a Whole weekend drilling out about 75% of all the spot welds on the Tub (what the rear half of a Willys Jeep body is called) I now have a Cowl, Firewall, Dash...
  24. Mark W.

RIP DAVID BOWIE

He's gone. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-bowie-dead-legendary-artist-854364
  25. Mark W.

I found something to kick my gearhead ass!

Hard brake lines. WOW I had no idea they would be such a total PITA. First the double flaring tool I got from Harbor Freight wouldn't hold the 3/16" D tubing well enough to actually start a flare. The second tool I bought ended up chewing up the end of the tubing so bad I wouldn't trust it. And...
Back
Top Bottom