Search results

1. ironhead17

Looking for a Technician

I've got one that needs a tune-up close to Columbia, SC. Anyone local that can be recommended?
  2. ironhead17

Bose 901's whatcha think?

Paul at PS audio did a review of the 901s you might be interested in. On YouTube. Check it out
  3. ironhead17

Technics SU-G91

I've got this amp playing in my garage and all the issues, except the remote, are things I deal w/ as well. I need to replace the fan for sure - it's hot and the fan barely turns - just noticed. The dry sockets are a nuisance. I have the equalizer SH-8018 as well but none of the others. Found...
  4. ironhead17

Continue the conversation with song lyrics

Give a little bit Give a little bit of your love today.
  5. ironhead17

Epi 100v

Found a pair of these epi 100m w a $11.00 price tag. the cabinets are in great shape I couldn't get the covers off to look at the speakers I think I'm going to go back and get them and do the upgrade. make sure you get some desoldering braid that makes the job really easy and you'll find that...
  6. ironhead17

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Can't help but agree w DQ. It's to much. Filter thru a whole page of crap to find anything remotely related to audio.
  7. ironhead17

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Audio Karma, Tonka....Audio Karma....Tonka and Ink I don't get it. ToyKarma and all is well.
  8. ironhead17

Microwave Oven Problem

I'd give the repair a shot. I replaced the Magnetron and found the repair to be quite simple. The voltage regulator needs replacing soon but it can wait for now. Parts cost were cheaper than a new one.
  9. ironhead17

The Eagles - Long Road out of Eden - Opinions

I like it - both sides. Those shoes...good stuff.
  10. ironhead17

Part ID

This is a Proscan TV issue. It's just for fun to see if repair is possible. As I attempted to remove this part( Green disk w/ one leg) it pulled apart. Now I've desoldered and put in it's place a varistor thinking that was an equivalent. It didn't behave - no red light on front panel -when I put...
  11. ironhead17

How can the USB cable be improved?

Not really other than to say that the mini usb and the hdmi guys got it right.
  12. ironhead17

Magazine stuck

I just picked this Pioneer CDP (PD-Z85M) up for $3 as a favor to my bro-in-law and I can't get the cartridge out :no: If it fails to play, no big deal. I need another 6 disc mag. but I can't get it out!! I removed the front panel to get a grip on it but it's in there to stay. Releasing the...
  13. ironhead17

How can the USB cable be improved?

Not sure if this will help your particular desire but the reason alot of xbox game consoles fail is because the attempt (but kids mostly) to connect the cable to the console (male to female) causes the female to breakdown, shorting out the console. If this issue is addressed you'd improve the...
  14. ironhead17

Clean up questions

There is a good "sticky" about using deoxit. Helped me a bunch. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207005
  15. ironhead17

SA WM-200 Subwoofer salvage effort

Leads resistance is 0.7 - kinda high I'd guess. The Dual emitter is 5W (2- 0.22ohms) then 202 printed below. I'll post pic. When I measure from leads out of circuit outside to opposite outside it reads 1.2 ohms. So I broke out my other DMM (better quality w/ .1 resistance between leads) it...
  16. ironhead17

Check R401/R402, both should read ~680 ohms out of circuit. R403/R404, both should read ~10 ohms out of circuit. Do a diode check on D401, D402, D403, and D501. D401 is a full-wave bridge, so there are really 4 diodes in that case, you will need to test all 4. R308 should be a .22 ohm...
  17. ironhead17

Those are the pins from R308 the dual emitter resistor w/ the three pins sticking out of the top. Everything is out of circuit. I'm assuming the IC failed and hence have replaced it. It's in place. Check from pin one to 6 is opposite side opposite end. The Mouser part is 1/5 the price of the...
  18. ironhead17

I got back around to checking the resistors today and this is what I found: R401/402 are OK - 666 Ohms R403/404 are OK - 10.5 oHms R314 is OK - 1.5 oHms But R308 - the dual emitter resistor - I'm not so sure about - I should mention that the was a slight discoloration in the ceramic...
  19. ironhead17

JW401 & JW402 are not there JW403 & 404 are in place. I haven't had a chance to pull anything off yet. I'd really hate to pull that IC that I just put into place....removing a few other things - no big deal, but I'd like to avoid that IC if at all possible. I bypassed the DBT with the main...
  20. ironhead17

No worries there Westend - I appreciate your input. The DBT is still in the loop @ 100W. So the AC voltage seems right from the tranny output?
  21. ironhead17

AC between 3-1 pins 36.5 volts - 3-4 pins 36.5 volts AC between 6-5 pins 22 same between 6-7 pins, 22 volts. D401 dc measured 17.9 volts between the end (+) and the other end -. There is no audible click and all boards and the speaker are in place at the moment. Thanks
  22. ironhead17

Thanks guys - I unplugged the 7 pin from the Main board and measured AC for the two outer pins - 7 Measures - 16.5, 1 = 2.4. There are symbols on the rectifier - + ~~(-) the two end pins measured 8.6 v DC +/-. Make sense?
  23. ironhead17

I put it down for a few days...my question is how to ID the rectifier. The manual makes no reference to it. Westend made reference to it....but I need more info. Q401?
  24. ironhead17

I'm about to that point - Just plug it in and see what happens......now when I power up w/ 100W bulb in line it pulses bright. Having replaced the caps and the output IC I'm about maxed for what it's worth.
  25. ironhead17

Transformer swap After checking for proper voltage it appears the tranny is a question mark....I found this in a Technics AV receiver. Could it work?
Back
Top Bottom