Search results

1. JSCC

The MR88 has arrived!

Very nice Tuner. Its a shame (for now I hope) this is NOT available in international de-emphasis. It is for sale now. Orders can be taken ... be quick though as production has slowed down as Mcfactory is on furlough. :thmbsp:
  2. JSCC

60th Anniversary Product Brochure

Vic, You dont need the brochure. You already own the REAL thing. Its only for people like me who craves and did not own them as yet! Cheers! :banana:
  3. JSCC

Any plans for HD Mac receiver?

If I am not wrong, the MA6600+TM2 would have made it a HD Receiver. Anyway, mine is due to arrive either over the weekend or early next week. Will see!
  4. JSCC

Looking at a Mc system

Well, I have a perfectly re-conditioned McIntosh vintage system. I cant asked for more! Simply musical and perfect eye candy! Worth every cent especially looking at them in their walnut veneered cabinets. :thmbsp:
  5. JSCC

MA 7000 Review

Jim, You have to ask? He is playing around with all the nice Mcgears lah! :D Cheers! :banana:
  6. JSCC

MA 7000 Review

A befitting accolade showered on a great product. Although there are a few remarks (which product does not have as this paves the way for newer/improve introduction later on), the MA7000 is indeed a beautiful integrated amp. Having said all that, I still think the MA6600+TM2 would be the jewel...
  7. JSCC

MC275 + C2300/C45 and AvantGarde Uno Picco

Audio Note (assume thats where the Avantgardes are being auditioned) should carry this although I know they are pushing the Air Tight/Reimyo combo (with Dr. Feickert TT). There you should be able to find out.
  8. JSCC

MC275 + C2300/C45 and AvantGarde Uno Picco

Hmmmm ..Thats strange! :scratch2: The C2300+MC275 should be ample .. given the fact that the Uno Picco or the higher Duo Omega could be driven very well with their own Model 3 INTEGRATED amp! Seriously, I would go for the Model 3 + Picco or Omega. I am inviting flames for saying this in a...
  9. JSCC

MR88 Tuner

Oh Ron, please .... STOP telling all the nice things about the MR88! Cant take it no more! :sigh: Or, please expedite on the International version .... next month available? :D
  10. JSCC

XR200 specs

"two dot", how could you say that? Doubting my capability to whip up a must have XR200 story? :D Guess what? You are RIGHT! :thmbsp: Had a table tennis game yesterday and left the balls on the table! did not bring home:D
  11. JSCC

I just ordered the 60th Anniversary set.

Jim, This may or may not be of interest ... but anyway, finished lunch at Centrepoint (you do know where). Chance upon local McGears shop and walked in to inquire about the combo. Answer? Dont know if we are going to bring in! MR88? Oh, also dont know. It really saddens me cause I may not...
  12. JSCC

About the weight on the bottom end ... Yes and No! Initially, I do have the feeling that I need a sub (Gotham perhaps) but thinking its going to use space, dropped the idea IMMEDIATELY. Tell myself, be patient and listen. Forget about what the XRT30's can do (16Hz). Just listen. 24Hz is...
  13. JSCC

Thats what I use every week Tue and Fri night to keep my TV's, McGears and Acapella clean. Love them plus they do keep static at bay (which attract dust). :thmbsp:
  14. JSCC

:thmbsp: And I am waiting for our coffee meeting, here or maybe, just maybe, sometime later this year, may pop by USA for an ODM meeting. Then I can make big plans for a tour .... (AC, then McFactory, then McMecca, then meet up with you guys).:yes: Till then, its thru this forum for my...
  15. JSCC

Shane, Long story short, housekeeping & space the main issue. So, scale down and back to the original all digital system. MS750 & MVP871 connect digitally to the MCD500, in turn driving a pair of MC501's powering the Acapella High Violon MkIV speakers (German made). Since then, am...
  16. JSCC

I listened to a pair of XLS360s today (driven by MC501s) and ...

And since we are into this, and knowing you are hunting for a system in your NEW listening room (I so envy) with Magico M5, Wilson Maxx 3 on your list of speakers, might as well as on the Acapella Campanile MkII. Who knows, it might just be THE partner that matches to the hilt with the Lamm's...
  17. JSCC

OK Serge, I will send you a pack of Kit-Kat! :thmbsp:
  18. JSCC

Or a Plasma Ion one ..... :D
  19. JSCC

VICTOR, I ENVY YOU !!! :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: Think you are the first, if not second (after MasterLu) on this combo! I am thinking hard if I should buy these as I have to consider - how to take care of TUBE amps (cleaning, dusting, etc, ...), a place to house it (space) and of course...
  20. JSCC

Alberto, If you are looking for a change (or adding on) of speakers, got try give PMC EB1i's a listen. If its McIntosh, for the same, I would listen to the LS360. Definitely not as described, the only thing is its vintage in comparison to the XLS360! Anyway, happy auditioning and hunting...
  21. JSCC

Your biggest surprise in audio?

Yes, indeed. Apart from the MC402, all the rest of the McAmps (MC501, MC1201's, MC2000) were bought without an audition. FAITH also carried this trend over to the MCD/MDA1000, MCD500, MVP871 (heard the MS750, so this one's out of the list). The one biggest gamble I took was the Acapella's...
  22. JSCC

Pre-Amp to pair with 7270

Same vintage would be good - C33 :yes:
  23. JSCC

MR88 Tuner

Sob, Sob! :tears: Thats not very fair !!! :no: Make one for International market Ron !!! There are plenty of fans out here who want one !!! Me for sure !!! :thmbsp:
  24. JSCC

MR88 Tuner

Hi Ron, Does this mean I can still use the MR88 over here as an analog AM/FM source BUT hooked direct to the MCD500 DA's? Does this applies to the TM2 module if installed in the MA6600? Your advise will form the foundation for my plans for these 2 nice gears! Cheers!:banana:
  25. JSCC

MR88 Tuner

Thats not good!!! :no: How can you leave the rest of us McFaithful without this wonderful piece? :sigh: Quick - an INTERNATIONAL MR88 please! :D
Back
Top Bottom